Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

I knew about Crazy 8 and Anthropologie but had no idea Steve Madden was looking at space. There's not even one in Charlotte. That would be a very nice tenant to land. :) Sephora and Forever 21 (possibly the XXI version) are also looking at space. Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised to see Haywood Mall announce an expansion soon with little available space remaining along with Magnolia Park and Crescent Place being on hold.

Steve Madden does seem like a store that would be at Haywood, but I doubt that they will open. There were Steve Madden stores at both SouthPark and Northlake, but both of them closed about a year or two ago.

Will a full size Sephora fit in JCP? It's the smallest department store at Haywood. Even JCP and Sears at the Asheville Mall are larger than the ones at Haywood. But Dillard's and Belk are larger at Haywood.

A full size JCP based Sephora is only about 3k or 4k. The Haywood JCP is about 120K. Plenty of room. The store is getting a remodel....departments will be juggled around and space reallocated.

A full size JCP based Sephora is only about 3k or 4k. The Haywood JCP is about 120K. Plenty of room. The store is getting a remodel....departments will be juggled around and space reallocated.

I heard a couple of months ago that they were looking at Greenville, and heard that they were considering Haywood Mall and downtown. I wonder if downtown could still happen since this JC Penney store isn't a stand-alone store? :dontknow:

Edited by Greenville

It doesn't help that JCP feels like it's really about 100 K, and that I was thinking about a full size regular Sephora (5-7 K).

• 2 weeks later...

Von Maur, the upscale (?) Midwestern department store chain, is coming to North Point Mall in Atlanta in November 2011 and is eyeing expanding in the Carolinas after that, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

So maybe Haywood could get a new upscale anchor?

Parisian was eyeing Haywood before it was bought out, as the real estate director told me years ago. There is hope!

Von Maur, the upscale (?) Midwestern department store chain, is coming to North Point Mall in Atlanta in November 2011 and is eyeing expanding in the Carolinas after that, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

So maybe Haywood could get a new upscale anchor?

Parisian was eyeing Haywood before it was bought out, as the real estate director told me years ago. There is hope!

I'm not sure about that. I don't think it would really be any different from Belk. I would definitely rather have Nordstrom. Von Maur is actually at some lower end malls, and their website is definitely in need of an update, and their logo is in Times New Roman. If you were to visit the website you would believe that it isn't an upscale store at all!

-Verizon Wireless now open in space between The Childrens Place and Tutti Frutti. They closed their kiosk in front of JC Penney.

-Direct To You Furniture now open in old christian bookstore space. So much for Anthropologie.

-Club Tabby now open in old As Seen On TV space.

Oh and the mall was SLAMMED FULL this morning. :shok:

Edited by citylife

These additions remind me of the stores that came to Greenville Mall starting around 1998 as "filler" stores, to generate some cash flow when the A-list ones wouldn't come.

Well, we are in a recession so it's harder to attract retail tenants of that caliber. Also, those tenant spaces that are being filled might be the wrong size and/or in the wrong part of the mall for these A-list tenants. Greenville actually does have a good retail tenant mix for its size.

Well, we are in a recession so it's harder to attract retail tenants of that caliber. Also, those tenant spaces that are being filled might be the wrong size and/or in the wrong part of the mall for these A-list tenants. Greenville actually does have a good retail tenant mix for its size.

Agreed.

What about all of those luxury retailers that gsupstate and others promised were coming to Magnolia Park due to lack of space at Haywood? Now that there seem to be some spaces available at Haywood and not much activity at MP, wouldn't they come to Haywood? The Thomas Kincade space in particular is in what should be a decent area of the mall.

Agreed.

What about all of those luxury retailers that gsupstate and others promised were coming to Magnolia Park due to lack of space at Haywood? Now that there seem to be some spaces available at Haywood and not much activity at MP, wouldn't they come to Haywood? The Thomas Kincade space in particular is in what should be a decent area of the mall.

Lets see, since you mentioned my name, some of the stores that I knew were coming to MPTC have found homes elsewhere in Greenville or are working on space. Apple went to Haywood. Trader Joes went across the street. REI is in negotiations on land. Pandora went to Haywood. Anthropologie is working with Simon now for Haywood space.

Surely, being mallguy, you understand the 5 or 4 few available spaces at Haywood are small third tier space and large enough. I know you understand that....right?