Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

Drove by Best Buy at 5:30 this AM. NUTS!

It was funny, as I was coming down Woodruff, I could see the news helicopters over Greeenridge. A good indication it would have been nuts.

All I wanted was a Bluetooth headset. Drove past Radio Shack on Woodruff & there was a line out the door. Went to CompUSA and they were out. Hit the Radio Shack on Pelham and bought 2 for $9.99 each. They still had plenty left at 6:15, but they were flying out the door. :D

The stone entryway at the food court is nice but is going to be a nightmare when ice/snow blows in next. There is no traction whatsoever. Overall the improvements are obviously nicer but the mall went way overboard in the build-up marketing. I mean, a "Grand Re-Opening" event? A friend of mine who works in the mall said shoppers were disappointed because they thought new stores would be open, or coming soon.

I went "mall hopping" Saturday and I must say the mall is looking excellent. What did the food court entrance look like before? I never remember going in that way - I usually go in at Ruby Tuesday's. Actually, after all these years I don't think I've ever gone around to that side of the mall, lol. :unsure:

The stone entryway at the food court is nice but is going to be a nightmare when ice/snow blows in next. There is no traction whatsoever. Overall the improvements are obviously nicer but the mall went way overboard in the build-up marketing. I mean, a "Grand Re-Opening" event? A friend of mine who works in the mall said shoppers were disappointed because they thought new stores would be open, or coming soon.

I think the true grand reopening is scheduled for mid to late Jan. The event they just had was simply to give a boost for the holidays, but the mall was in no way finished.

• 1 month later...

Some photos of Haywood from early Sunday morning prior to opening. The remodel is getting close to being finished. Details are happening, although many details still to be done (like the new furniture and misc. moldings). Looks like they could be finished within 2 to 3 weeks. Some photos:

CIMG4170.jpg

CIMG4168.jpg

CIMG4169.jpg

CIMG4173.jpg

CIMG4174.jpg

CIMG4177.jpg

CIMG4172.jpg

CIMG4176.jpg

CIMG4178.jpg

CIMG4180.jpg

CIMG4165.jpg

CIMG4161.jpg

CIMG4163.jpg

Anybody else notice that the bars across the tops of the railings upstairs are stainless-steel looking in parts and wooden-looking in others? How are they supposed to be? I'm confused, I've wondered since they first started putting them in...

They have a rhythm going.....stainless steel along the sides with clear glass underneath, and wood along the ends with glass and metal scrollwork underneath. Still have several areas of railing to finish (the curved railing on the stairs throughout).

• 3 weeks later...

Haywood will soon have several empty locations:

1. Petite Sophisticate closed

2. Gadzooks closed

3. Sam Goody going out of business

4. Suncoast going out of business

5. Wilson's Leather temporary location closing

6. Eddie Bauer seems to only be taking about 3/4 of the old Lane Bryant location, which will leave less than

1/4 available after Eddie Bauer opens.

All these locations seem to be fairly small, but maybe they can get some good stores in them.

Haywood will soon have several empty locations:

1. Petite Sophisticate closed

2. Gadzooks closed

3. Sam Goody going out of business

4. Suncoast going out of business

5. Wilson's Leather temporary location closing

6. Eddie Bauer seems to only be taking about 3/4 of the old Lane Bryant location, which will leave less than

1/4 available after Eddie Bauer opens.

All these locations seem to be fairly small, but maybe they can get some good stores in them.

I think these are on purpose....when the lease runs out they are not renewing, so they can juggle stores and open up space for new stores (like they did for the large Pottery Barn space).