Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

New to posting here...did here from mall leasing manager that Coach is a done deal and trying to get J.Jill in as well.

Welcome to UP! That confirms what I had heard. I also heard Coach was a done deal as well as Apple. Haywood is definitely going more upscale.

Haywood will soon have several empty locations:

1. Petite Sophisticate closed

2. Gadzooks closed

3. Sam Goody going out of business

4. Suncoast going out of business

5. Wilson's Leather temporary location closing

6. Eddie Bauer seems to only be taking about 3/4 of the old Lane Bryant location, which will leave less than

1/4 available after Eddie Bauer opens.

All these locations seem to be fairly small, but maybe they can get some good stores in them.

I think these are on purpose....when the lease runs out they are not renewing, so they can juggle stores and open up space for new stores (like they did for the large Pottery Barn space).

Also there's an empty space on the bottom level next to Dillard's and the place where A Christmas to Remember closed.

I seriously doubt that.

BTW, that was your 1000th post in the Greenville forum! :yahoo:

So do I win a prize? :D

I think Richland Mall has one

That's right, it does. However, it's not exactly a healthy, vibrant mall. None of the others I can think of have one.....not Columbia Place, not Columbiana, not Citadel, not Coastal Grand......

I'm not so sure I really like that multi-story parking deck. I suppose I have mixed feelings on it at least. My wife does tend to use it whenever we go to the Haywood Mall, especially if the weather is inclement. It is convenient to Dillard's. Other than that, it's not very aesthetically pleasing. It's in an awkward location. It really takes away from the appearance of Haywood Mall from I-385. I'd rather see more mall and less garage, myself. :stop:

The entire outside appearance of the Haywood Mall could use some work. I know I've said this before. It would probably be very expensive, too. But...it'd be nice if the entire facade of the Haywood Mall were replaced with stacked stone, river rock, timbers, etc. to give it more of a "lodge" appearance on the outside as well. The area around the food court entrance is a nice start. Let's propgate that to the rest of the mall while we're at it! :thumbsup:

It's hard to have an attractive parking deck. SouthPark's decks are nice where the face the East Plaza, but the looks drop off as they round the buildings. it's one of those functional things that will never look but so hot in the first place.

Speaking of looks, I've never been to Haywood, but considering its age, I'd imagine there are a lot of blank white or brown walls on the exterior. If this is the case, they have plenty of 'canvas' for a redecoration, but it's unlikely unless competition or government regulation forces them to do it.

I'm not so sure I really like that multi-story parking deck. I suppose I have mixed feelings on it at least. My wife does tend to use it whenever we go to the Haywood Mall, especially if the weather is inclement. It is convenient to Dillard's. Other than that, it's not very aesthetically pleasing. It's in an awkward location. It really takes away from the appearance of Haywood Mall from I-385. I'd rather see more mall and less garage, myself. :stop:

I like it from 385. It feels urban...the way it's close set to the exrpressway. I would like to see Haywood do additional decks, and then sell of some of the parking lot (which I'm sure is prime land) for more dense development. If it weren't there and it was parking lot, it would fill alot more surburban. Parking decks aren't pretty.....the one at Lenox is ugly, the one at Oak Court in Memphis is ugly, the one at Green Hills in Nashville is ugly, but they all feel urban.

• 2 weeks later...

Work has started at Haywood on all other exterior entrances (other than the food court entrance). This should definitely help update the exterior. Guys were also working around one of the streetside mall signs (I'm assuming those are about to be replaced). Interior is looking great! :thumbsup:

Work has started at Haywood on all other exterior entrances (other than the food court entrance). This should definitely help update the exterior. Guys were also working around one of the streetside mall signs (I'm assuming those are about to be replaced). Interior is looking great! :thumbsup:

The food court entrance exterior is already finished. How have they not started on it yet?