CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

11 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

If I remember right Neighborhood I is completed, so this new construction should start a new one. 

Yes. It would be built up against Laurens Road according to the Greenville News. Neighborhood II basically. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 11:06 AM, gman430 said:

Third and final reading by county council is February 19th. Completion of first phase of project is slated by December 31, 2021.

I’m curious, this isn’t a possible ZF N.A. HQ move, is it? Would perfectly coincidence with the ZF-BMW transition announcement, which as stated by the article below: to be the biggest order in ZF’s history and worth billions of dollars. Would seem logical that HQ would move closer to where their most important manufacturing site is. 

In new deal, ZF plant in Laurens will supply transmissions to Spartanburg BMW plant

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/money/2019/04/05/zf-plant-laurens-supplying-bmw-plant-spartanburg/3378691002/

Edited by GVLover

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Is there still office space available at 1 Research Drive?

Also- whatever happened to that company HQ that was receiving tax incentives to locate at Laurens Road?

Wasn’t that Carolina First Bank, which was purchased by TD? I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure no tax incentives were paid out. 

• 1 month later...

:yahoo: Ask and you shall receive. Groundbreaking Summer 2020. FINALLY: 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/03/10/clemson-set-break-ground-new-facility-cu-icar-greenville/4684429002/

“Plans for Neighborhood III, where the unnamed and unspecified facility will be, call for 500,000 square feet of space across 40 acres.”

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

:yahoo: Ask and you shall receive. Groundbreaking Summer 2020. FINALLY: 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/03/10/clemson-set-break-ground-new-facility-cu-icar-greenville/4684429002/

“Plans for Neighborhood III, where the unnamed and unspecified facility will be, call for 500,000 square feet of space across 40 acres.”

How much height?:tw_mrgreen:

34 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

Lol

I can see height coming to this area. I remember seeing plans years ago that showed height. Would bring nice visibility to I-85 locally for Greenville.

But, realistically speaking— neighborhood III is up near St Francis’ MOB. It’s unlikely to have anything more than mid rises of 4-6 stories. It will be interesting to see an update to their plans, and if they’re just putting in the infrastructure starting this summer, if they’ve got a tenant that they’re building for, or if it’s just another office/research building they hope to lease to kickstart the neighborhood. 

• 5 months later...

Great to see Clemson moving forward with the next campus at CU-ICAR:

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/business/clemson-plans-first-expansion-in-15-years-at-its-icar-campus-in-greenville/article_ab96f7d8-f371-11ea-b178-9b3ec241dd8a.html

The project announced Thursday will be a 40,000-square-foot spec building off Innovation Drive in Technology Neighborhood III, currently 40 to 50 acres of wooded land tucked behind Innovation Apartments on Laurens Road. The multi-tenant building will have up to eight research spaces with truck access for laboratories, small-scale distribution and engineering or tech services, according to the university’s announcement.

• Like 1

After seeing the rendering, I can’t say I am thrilled. Why is the new building so boring and ugly looking? Reminds me of every other industrial/distribution building in the area. Why can’t it be something cutting edge and innovative looking like the buildings in technology neighborhood I? Ugh. 

Edited by gman430