CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if any of the future developments in ICAR will be visible? Even this time of year, with the leaves off the trees, you can drive right past it without ever knowing it. You have to actually be looking for it. As much as I love trees, it makes sense to remove the few remaining ones fronting 85, and put up a nice flower/shrub line with a few fountains and a classy carved sign or something, so that people can actually see this thing. I thought visibility (especially with the "state of the art architecture" was the whole point.

Anyone know if any of the future developments in ICAR will be visible? Even this time of year, with the leaves off the trees, you can drive right past it without ever knowing it. You have to actually be looking for it. As much as I love trees, it makes sense to remove the few remaining ones fronting 85, and put up a nice flower/shrub line with a few fountains and a classy carved sign or something, so that people can actually see this thing. I thought visibility (especially with the "state of the art architecture" was the whole point.

I noticed this weekend, the Timken building (which is completed) shows up great at night and also is noticeable during the day. I think once the grad center is complete, it will show up great. The color of the steel, concrete, etc blends in at the moment, but that's sure to change. It's all looking pretty great! :thumbsup:

I noticed this weekend, the Timken building (which is completed) shows up great at night and also is noticeable during the day. I think once the grad center is complete, it will show up great. The color of the steel, concrete, etc blends in at the moment, but that's sure to change. It's all looking pretty great! :thumbsup:

As I drove along I-85 last night for the first time in weeks, I was amazed at how much progress has occurred on the ICAR campus. It is really starting to look impressive in there! I have not seen the progress in the daylight yet, but at night it looks great (especially in combination with Hubbell Lighting).

I just noticed that the workers of the Hubbell Lighting Headquarters are placing steel posts around and in the round "patio" you can see from the interstate. It appears they will be holding up something cool. Maybe a globe? Talk about awesome exposure!

I just noticed this on my way back into town yesterday afternoon. When this building is compete, talk about making a statement!! I'm wondering what their signage will be like and where it will be located? Being a lighting company, I would think the signage will be something cool. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

That's interesting! I wonder what has brought this about and what it could mean in the future...? If nothing else, it's good exposure!

Isn't there suppose to be a big announcement coming out sometime in the near future?

There is soon going to be an announcement about the addition of new "big name" companies to the campus. Ford Motor Company would definitely be a big one to have on board here. Microsoft is another I'd expect to hear from. Others are less obvious at this point. Hoping for the best at ICAR! :thumbsup: