CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

Unless I'm mistaken, Microsoft has not made an official announcement to physically locate in the campus yet.

That is correct. They have partnered with ICAR, but have not officially announced anything about physically moving into the campus. Do you know when an announcement might come out? i.e. week, month, year

Edited by g-man430

Maybe someone can answer this.....

When will CU-ICAR actually have official signing go up at the entrances? BMW, Timken, etc have employees working there now, but just to pass by on Laurens Road, if I were a visitor, there is nothing that tells me the landscaped roads are the entrances to CU-ICAR. I'm ready to see a great marketing and signing program.

Maybe someone can answer this.....

When will CU-ICAR actually have official signing go up at the entrances? BMW, Timken, etc have employees working there now, but just to pass by on Laurens Road, if I were a visitor, there is nothing that tells me the landscaped roads are the entrances to CU-ICAR. I'm ready to see a great marketing and signing program.

Answer=Never. I didn't think they were going to put signs up at the entrances. :unsure:

Answer=Never. I didn't think they were going to put signs up at the entrances. :unsure:

It seems silly not to brand CU-ICAR... Can't you just see a big tiger paw on a sign with very official sounding lettering? It would seem that companies located in ICAR would want to have road front recognition on Laurens Road with at least a business park directory.

or

Is ICAR one of those great projects that doesn't need marketing or identity? Is it just so good of an idea that pumping it up is silly?

Edited by Mr. Downtown

Also, putting signs at the entrances just makes me think suburban office park. It's more than that and I really don't want to classify it as such, even if it means calling an apple an orange... :ph34r: Now some of those great City of Greenville Way finder signs would be nice and appropriate to me.

I know Hubbell lighting is putting a sign out next to I-85 where their headquarters is going. Just drive by there any day and you will see this wooden fixture thing that's like 10-feet tall right between the building and the interstate on top of the hill. That's going to be their sign when completed and finished. :thumbsup:

Edited by g-man430

I know Hubbell lighting is putting a sign out next to I-85 where their headquarters is going. Just drive by there any day and you will see this wooden fixture thing that's like 10-feet tall right between the building and the interstate on top of the hill. That's going to be their sign when completed and finished. :thumbsup:

I am hoping that CU-ICAR at least has an interstate sign (meaning the standard green ones that tell you any important things for an exit). I had not even thought about a sign within the complex that is visible from I-85. Hmm...

I pass that quite often, but am wondering why it has taken so long to wrap the plywood. I would imagine it is pretty warped/swollen/weather-beaten by now. :(

That is a good question. It might be because of this: Ever since 9/11, it takes a lot longer for steel and other supplies from over-seas to go through customs due to stricter guidelines and security. If the supplies for this sign are coming from over-seas then that could be why it hasn't been wrapped yet and you are just seeing a delay with the shipment of the product. :unsure:

Edited by g-man430

If they follow their logo design and create sleek signs with shiny chrome lettering and a brushed alluminum background, that would be appealing, IMO. Surely they will add them in time. Otherwise, imagine the wasted opportunity to advertise along the interstate.

Here's hoping. :)

:thumbsup: Check this pdf file out: http://img7.utopianet.com/gsatc/gems/CUICA...61011.GSATC.pdf

-If you look on page 12 of this pdf file, you can see where the Clemson University Computational Center for Mobility Systems will be built in Neighborhood II. Also, take a look at page 36 and 38 to see where the spire will go between I-85 and Neighborhood I.

Edited by g-man430

:thumbsup: Check this pdf file out: http://img7.utopianet.com/gsatc/gems/CUICA...61011.GSATC.pdf

-If you look on page 12 of this pdf file, you can see where the Clemson University Computational Center for Mobility Systems will be built in Neighborhood II. Also, take a look at page 36 and 38 to see where the spire will go between I-85 and Neighborhood I.

Thanks g-man! Great to see their will be some unique signage fronting I-85. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see this take shape!