CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some reliable news here....

Just on the phone with a friend.....we were talking about the Cytec announcement. That morphed into CU/ICAR, as apparently carbon fiber research is not limited to aerospace, but also going on within the auto industry. I found that interesting. The possible connections.

What I found really interesting though was that apparently a couple of announcements should be hitting soon about additions to ICAR. Quality additions.

There are some good projects brewing in Greenville....enough to keep us chatting for a while! :D

Just on the phone with a friend.....we were talking about the Cytec announcement. That morphed into CU/ICAR, as apparently carbon fiber research is not limited to aerospace, but also going on within the auto industry. I found that interesting. The possible connections.

What I found really interesting though was that apparently a couple of announcements should be hitting soon about additions to ICAR. Quality additions.

There are some good projects brewing in Greenville....enough to keep us chatting for a while! :D

Well didn't we recently hear rumor of an addition to ICAR which could possibly lead to an expansion in its size?

FEV Engine Technology is looking to open a small office (starting with only 7 or so people in sales) at CU-ICAR. This is great news as FEV is a highly respected world company, so any presence they would have at CU-ICAR would be a plus. I like that the article states they would have 7 or so people "to start". :thumbsup:

An article from the Greenville News.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...8/1003/BUSINESS

Carbon fiber is very big in the Formula One industry.

I was driving down I-85 southbound earlier tonight and noticed the parking garage lights at ICAR are now on. You can definitely notice it and see it very easily from the interstate, especially heading southbound. :thumbsup: Now if only they would cut down the few trees that are left standing there. Hopefully they will once the plaza takes shape.

I'm actually suprised the cut down as many trees as they already have. Clemson is normally so anal retentive about its trees around campus they will email you to let you know when they are going to cut them down (seriously). I understand why of course, but I'm still suprised there aren't more left at ICAR.