CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

I also agree, but the trees that are there are not in very good shape I think they need to remove the existing trees and grade the slope along 85 to get a good veiw of this project. I think that they should be made to replant a new tree for every one that they take down and this should make everyone happy.

Edited by jfl25

Well you guys that want the trees cut down on 85, may get your wish.

Manhattan construction, will star taking bids for the landscaping of Neighborhood 1

on Feb. 28th.

Looking at the drawing it looks like there will be a landscaped gap in the trees, between

the Timken building and the Graduate Center. Also in this gap will be two man made ponds with a fountain and a stream with water falls between the ponds.

Manhattan construction, will star taking bids for the landscaping of Neighborhood 1

on Feb. 28th.

Looking at the drawing it looks like there will be a landscaped gap in the trees, between

the Timken building and the Graduate Center. Also in this gap will be two man made ponds with a fountain and a stream with water falls between the ponds.

Can you post that site plan on here? Pretty please with sugar on top and ice cream in the middle. :lol:

on Feb. 28th.

Now That sounds pretty cool! :thumbsup:

What about "lest?" :rofl:

Maybe maninthepark speaks German too :rofl:

^^^:rofl: Maybe. Also, I saw the plans maninthepark provided me and it is going to look very impressive when finished. The trees will be cut down from the side of the Timken building closest to Laurens Road to where the graduate center begins closest to the Timken building. There will be a pond behind the graduate center that you won't be able to see from the interstate due to the trees remaining, but there will be another one between the Timken and graduate center buildings right next to the interstate that you will be able to see from I-85. Both ponds will be connected by a stream. :thumbsup:

Edited by g-man430

• 4 weeks later...

OK, this has probably been in ICAR now for some time and I just noticed...... On the parking deck, when you pass ICAR on 85, look at the end of parking deck that juts out past Timken (West). The emergency exit / steps are external and have a solid wall behind them. The steps sort of cantilever off this wall. This wall, is without a doubt, Clemson orange. It looks great, very mod, as this is the only burst of color in that area of the parking deck. I was wondering how the color orange would filter into ICAR. Looks like they are finding creative ways. I like the way they added it on this structure. :thumbsup::thumbsup: