CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

Check out this article from todays Greenville NEws on ICAR.

ICAR article from Greeenville News

Keys Points

-First Professorship has been filled

-Sun Micro Systems is Donating $8,000,000 worth of computing equipment

-Clemson will Launch a Graduate Shcool of Human Genetics in Greenwood

-The Furman Co has agreed to build two 80,000-square-foot, $12 million office buildings next to the BMW research center

-Clemson said it will use state money to build two parking garages and a plaza between buildings

-The Furman Co. ultimately intends to develop two other, 80,000-square-foot office buildings at ICAR near the graduate school, provided Clemson obtains matching state money in exchange for the private investment

• 3 weeks later...

I heard today that the BMW ITRC at ICAR will have the first POP server in South Carolina.  The nearest ones cuurently are Raliegh and Atlanta.

Also, heard that there should be announcements coming up on two more campanies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great about two more companies announcing! :thumbsup: but what's a POP server? :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

A very interesting twist in ICAR development news.  This just came across WYFF 4's website.  Cliff Rosen, the original developer of the International Center for Automotive Research, is filing a lawsuit against BMW for kicking him out as the park's developer? :blink:

READ HERE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...this article from 2003 may actually shed some light on the current situation.

I have been hearing more and more about this thing. They were talking about it this morning on 950. I think that the wheels have already been set in motion. It can't be stopped, though this lawsuit may cause a bump in BMW's efforts. We already have 3 other big boys who are planning to be a part of the campus.

I have been hearing more and more about this thing. They were talking about it this morning on 950. I think that the wheels have already been set in motion. It can't be stopped, though this lawsuit may cause a bump in BMW's efforts. We already have 3 other big boys who are planning to be a part of the campus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone heard anymore about this? Seems like folks are talking a lot about it, but I haven't seen much in the media?

I saw it on channel 7 the other day when it was first announced that the lawsuit was going on. It was in the HJ either today or yesterday, but I didn't read the article. It is getting coverage, but nobody is taking it too seriously. The guy who is suing wasn't accomplishing anything before hand, and he didn't have any official contracts or anything. Its all a bunch of BS if you ask me.