CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

I saw the Hubbell building this past Friday, early in the AM, while on my way to Atlanta. Let me tell you, that building really makes an impact at night; I was impressed. :shades:

Was it lit up Krazee? I went by Sunday night only to be dissapointed that the cone thing wasn't lit up.

Here is an article about an engineering firm that has been hired for CU-ICAR's Technology Neighborhood II. All of the contsruction has been in Neighborhood I. Is the second neighborhood starting construction? There has been activity across from Hubbell on Millenium Blvd. Anyone have any details? :dontknow:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9/1239/BUSINESS

Here is an article about an engineering firm that has been hired for CU-ICAR's Technology Neighborhood II. All of the contsruction has been in Neighborhood I. Is the second neighborhood starting construction? There has been activity across from Hubbell on Millenium Blvd. Anyone have any details? :dontknow:

Fantastic. That rumor a few months back about a large tenant that would require neighborhood two to start could be coming true? Anyway it's exciting! Especially considering the other major developments just surfacing along the boom belt. :tough:

I didn't think this was anything new: The Greenville News. Is it? It's discussing the Clemson Board of Trustees considering a plaza at ICAR... :dontknow: Nonetheless, they're attempting to get things done, whether it's new news or not, which is good. :thumbsup:

Wow....that lots of money for a plaza. This is kind of new.....all the collaborations / villages were to have plazas, but I think this may be the main one. My question: What is collaboration "tower"???? Is this part of the main sign that will be seen from 85? :dontknow:

well time will tell but i have been pretty involved there and that's pretty much what i see right now.

BMW was integral in getting the first technology neighborhood off the ground. They have a big presence at the campus now in terms of money and their building, but you're mistaken if you think they're going to run the show. The current list of partners right now include: BMW--Worldwide, BMW Manufacturing Co.,State of South Carolina, IBM, Michelin North America Inc., Richard Petty Driving Experience, City of Greenville, Upstate Alliance, Carolina Crescent Coalition, SAE International, Timken, Sun Microsystems, Microsoft, BellSouth, The Furman Company. www.cu-icar.com . Timken employs 200 at CU-ICAR currently in their recently completed building, Collaboration III.

-Clemson just purchased a "Supercomputer" for its computing center on the campus. They hope to employ 100 engineers wth graduate degrees and GENERATE $50 MILLION per year. That's not BMW running the computer and reaping the benefits. Though, they may use the system in the future like other corporations.

President Barker has said that discussion are going on with numerous potential partners and tenants for the development. There were rumors in a local paper about a large tenant possibly jumping on board in the near future that would force the begining of the second neighborhood due to the size. This would be another big player in the development. They recently hired an engineer for the second neighborhood and it was stated last year that the build out of the first neighborhood is going to be a lot sooner than expected.

Of course, if you're familiar with the development, then you probably already know all of this. It really has a lot more depth than BMW. Look closer.

Edited by GvilleSC

I know I'm late on this, but I just found out today that the activity you see is not construction they

are taking dirt from the back of the hill where a road and plaza will be and using it at Magnolia Park.