CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

Looks like construction of the collaboration 1 buildings at ICAR phase 1 might be starting or it could just be work getting underway for the collaboration plaza. Also, Richard Petty Driving Experience has teamed up with ICAR's Automotive Safety Research Institute: http://www.clemson.edu/autoresearch/ASRI/newsrelease.html

^^^I would certainly think so if it includes a spire. There is no guarantee it will even though the renderings seemed to show it would . They were also tearing up that old gravel parking area next to the parking garage and across from the ITRC. Somebody get out and take some update pics already. ;)

Edited by g-man430

The trees between CU-ICAR phase 1 and I-85 are gone. They were tearing them down earlier today when I drove by. :)

I was by here earlier today and I'm a little mixed on this.....you can certainly see ICAR now, no question there is a major campus of offices for all that pass by to see, HOWEVER, they removed every single tree in front of the area. None are left standing. We are Greenville.........

Keeping my fingers crossed that the landscaping will be top notch!

I was by here earlier today and I'm a little mixed on this.....you can certainly see ICAR now, no question there is a major campus of offices for all that pass by to see, HOWEVER, they removed every single tree in front of the area. None are left standing. We are Greenville.........

It is the International Center for Automotive Research. Trust me, it will be World-class. :thumbsup:

I suppose most of you read that CU-ICAR recently hired a former BMW exec to help market the center around the World. Apparently, this man has a ton of credibility in the international auto industry. Great achievements are to be expected! :tough:

I suppose most of you read that CU-ICAR recently hired a former BMW exec to help market the center around the World. Apparently, this man has a ton of credibility in the international auto industry. Great achievements are to be expected! :tough:

Fantastic! :good: Hopefully some big things will come in the more near future!

• 2 weeks later...

:ph34r: I got to experience ICAR at rush hour today. It was not a pretty site, and that's only BMW, Timken, and Hubbell (are they there yet?) employees. Well, ok, it wasn't THAT bad, but I can't imagine what it will be like once South Financial and other operations open up in the area. Basically, the right lane at the Laurens Rd light backs WAY up because everyone and their mom are heading for 85 North. Which, their waiting at the "no turn on red" light, causes the Laurens Rd commuters to Mauldin to have to stop, which causes those exiting the interstate to back up on the ramp-- though fortunately not the extent of Woodruff Rd at 385, where it backs up onto the interstate.

Anyway, looking down the road, I can see major problems. :wacko: What can be done to prevent the chaos that will follow? I don't even know what the Woodruff road side of things is like, but I know it can't be pretty-- it never is.

Anyone know how many people are working and CU-ICAR and Millenium Campus currently?

The traffic is a huge concern. I honestly don't know how that one will work out, unless more people start taking GTA (or whatever future incarnation of it comes to be).

It certainly adds some exposure for those buildings. With the trees there, you'd almost never know they existed!

• 2 weeks later...

Caught an article on an airplane this past week that SAE will be starting some seminars at CU-ICAR in conjunction with Greenville Tech. Nice to see SAE and Greenville written up. Anyone know which of the CU-ICAR buildings SAE is located in?

• 2 weeks later...

Positive words about CU-ICAR from a Boston area tech executive, working wih Clemson on the new super-computer. Nice to see this kind of press for CU-ICAR. Article from Greenville News:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../706020308/1003

I enjoyed reading that this morning. Good stuff and re-assuring about the campus and the future.

^^You're welcome. :) A new park at ICAR is scheduled to start construction in July of 2008 and be finished in June of 2011. It will include two softball fields, four tennis courts, a basketball court, a large picnic shelter, restrooms, and a small maintenance shop. Exact location inside ICAR is TBD.

Edited by g-man430

^^You're welcome. :) A new park at ICAR is scheduled to start construction in July of 2008 and be finished in June of 2011. It will include two softball fields, four tennis courts, a basketball court, a large picnic shelter, restrooms, and a small maintenance shop. Exact location inside ICAR is TBD.

It'd be nice if they would introduce some residential about the same time.