CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

The article says Clemson - DEI "venture". This announcement hardly sounds like a "venture"....hope there is more. OR could the GV News be wrong.....they seem to be wrong quite often....like the recent announcement that an airline was "adding flights" and it turned out to be an airline "lowering fares". :rolleyes:

I don't think this is the 'big one' that we've been waiting on. It's hopefully still in the works. This one is about as exciting as the Richard Petty Driving Experience teaming up with Clemson. Pretty much, not exciting at all... though, it COULD mean big things for the future, just not at this time.

Ah.....there is more.

DEI has become the first "Motorsports Innovation Partner" for Clemson. The story must still be updating on GV News as I can't get the link to work. This looks like a nice announcement. Not sure it will add any jobs, but definitely adds to the profile of CU-ICAR along with SAE, Timken, BMW, Sun, IBM, etc, etc. :thumbsup:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Ok, you guys. Check this out:

A neighbor down the street from us informed us of this happening. While they were outside in their yard, a car stopped. The family was looking for the Preserve at Parkins Mill. They are moving to the area for a job at CU-ICAR! On the spot, they asked our neighbors if they could look at their house and buy it. Our neighbors don't even have their house on the market!

I thought that it was pretty cool and could be a sign of things to come for Greenville. :shades: Big things.

Ok, you guys. Check this out:

A neighbor down the street from us informed us of this happening. While they were outside in their yard, a car stopped. The family was looking for the Preserve at Parkins Mill. They are moving to the area for a job at CU-ICAR! On the spot, they asked our neighbors if they could look at their house and buy it. Our neighbors don't even have their house on the market!

I thought that it was pretty cool and could be a sign of things to come for Greenville. :shades: Big things.

Where were they from?

• 4 weeks later...

The look of the current "Collaboration" should change greatly over the next several weeks. Along with the graduate school exterior headed toward completion, I also noticed today that landscaping is starting for the entire Collaboration. The grounds all around the BMW building were being dug up for the installation of landscaping. Can't wait to see this first collaboration complex with signing and landscaping.

Any updates?

Have they started with the spire thing along 85 yet? When I left landscaping looked to be ramping up.

I'd also like to know how the Graduate School building is coming along. It should be complete, right?

The spire isn't up yet, but they are actively working on landscaping (much construction going on for low stone walls, for the plaza area in the collaboration). The Graduate School looks 90% complete from the outside.

Interesting event taking place at ICAR in November. A one day regional conference on Advanced Transportation. Being held in conjunction with the Tennessee Valley Corridor. A good who's who list of people attending so far. Article from the Greenville News:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...4/1003/BUSINESS

Just saw this on the Clemson University website. The South Financial Group has made a donation to CU-ICAR to fund an art gallery in one of the most public areas in the CU-ICAR complex:

http://www.clemson.edu/newsroom/articles/t...st_CU-ICAR.php5

I continue to be very impressed by the support that CU-ICAR is getting from both local and non-local businesses. The truly global influence on CU-ICAR will go a long way in making it an awesome complex.

Just saw this on the Clemson University website. The South Financial Group has made a donation to CU-ICAR to fund an art gallery in one of the most public areas in the CU-ICAR complex:

I continue to be very impressed by the support that CU-ICAR is getting from both local and non-local businesses. The truly global influence on CU-ICAR will go a long way in making it an awesome complex.

Thanks for sharing. I, too, am impressed with the amount of Support for CU-ICAR from all sorts of businesses. Every partnership and program is making the campus truly great! Greenville and Clemson are going to, as well as already, have a lot to be proud of in this development.

Very nice! :thumbsup:

One of those times when you really appriciate the fact a major bank is based in Greenville. Mack Whittle is definitely pro-Greenville and his company is an excellent role model for other corporate citizens.

• 2 months later...

Anybody have any details on Champ Covington/Jeff Tutman's proposed project along I-85 in the Millenium Campus? I noticed a sign out there today and don't recall hearing anything about it. The sign touted (among other things) a corporate headquarters highrise and hotel with I-85 frontage. They don't have any details about it on their web site and the Millenium Campus site is "under construction." Is this an old project? Is it something relatively new?