CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

I hope that project Teal locates downtown. An additional thousand plus workers would create a huge demand for lunch-time meals, plus the after work drinks crowd... I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one.

If it's a call center like sources are saying then I doubt you will see it locate downtown.

Is there some unspoken rule about call centers and urban areas that I don't know about?

Isn't that what Nuvox has downtown at its HQ? :dontknow:

No. It's just most call centers aren't located downtown. I'm not sure if Nuvox has that in the landmark building or not.

Edited by citylife

If it's not set up there then it's probably for a road or bike race this weekend. There are several traffic cones/barriers set up at most if not every intersection next to and in Millennium Campus. I don't know the timeline for the St. Francis campus. They have not had an official groundbreaking yet. I imagine sometime this or next year is when that will occur.

I think you're right... there's a big night race (running) tomorrow: http://www.candlelightrun.com/

Did you hear what company?

Project Teal is a call center / service center from what I hear. With about 90% of the jobs falling in the 12-13 an hour range, must be call center / service center type work. Only about 5-10 percent will be high paying managerial from what everyone has said.

This stage must connected with the project announcement somehow. Why else would anyone set-up a stage on Millennium Campus in front of vacant land? :dontknow:

I have not heard which company might be associated with Project Teal. All I know is that it will be a call center, and that it's highly likely they are coming here.

I could definitely see a call center locating at Millennium Campus. That seems more likely than them locating in the CBD (and paying the higher rents there). I would obviously rather add those 1,500 jobs to the downtown area if possible, though.

As for the St. Francis location at the Millennium Campus, I do not think they have finalized plans yet. I will be curious to know what they plan there, but I assume it will be a smaller hospital/office complex. I honestly think it's a great location for a hospital, given the number of people that live (and will someday live) within a 10-mile radius from there. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure where exactly the stage is set up but it could possible be for the St. Francis Medical office park that is to begin construction on July 15th.This is not the hospital but a separate office center.I have heard that News on the Hospital will be coming soon.Someone I talked with told me that the hospital would spend apx 105 million on there campus not including the cost of the land.If that is true It could mean a very significant building.I think the addition at Oconee hospital cost about 60 mil and its 6 stories.

Edited by jfl25

It's been at least a year since I've traveled on I-85 through Greenville. Got a chance to see the progress this past weekend while traveling to and from Atlanta. The Timken neighborhood in particular looks awesome from the interstate. Will a big sign for the overall campus be going up at all?

It's been at least a year since I've traveled on I-85 through Greenville. Got a chance to see the progress this past weekend while traveling to and from Atlanta. The Timken neighborhood in particular looks awesome from the interstate. Will a big sign for the overall campus be going up at all?

A tall spire or wide sign is scheduled to go on site between the Campbell Graduate Center and Interstate 85. I don't think they've decided on which one yet. I would like to see the spire myself if I had to choose. Both the sign and spire would be the best though.

Glad to have some outside feedback here, Krazee. You should have stopped off to see the progress in Verdae on the other side of the interstate. VERY impressive, IMHO. I think it's going to be very urban feeling just based on the 8 houses currently under construction and the road setup, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

A tall spire or wide sign is scheduled to go on site between the Campbell Graduate Center and Interstate 85. I don't think they've decided on which one yet. I would like to see the spire myself if I had to choose. Both the sign and spire would be the best though.

Anyone have news on when the spire/sign will go up? :dontknow:

The white pvc test structure for the sign has been up for quite some time now.

• 1 month later...

^ Thanks.

I know it is only a car dealership, but seeing how it is a premium brand, just a block or two away from the BMW Research offices and just a few miles from the BMW factory, I sure would like to see some shockingly great architecture / creative branding with this new dealership. Greenville is BMW......I hope Century gets creative.

^ Thanks.

I know it is only a car dealership, but seeing how it is a premium brand, just a block or two away from the BMW Research offices and just a few miles from the BMW factory, I sure would like to see some shockingly great architecture / creative branding with this new dealership. Greenville is BMW......I hope Century gets creative.

I sure hope so, too!

^ Thanks.

Me too! :good: