CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

That's not too bad, but it's a little uninspiring for Millennium Campus architecture. It is just a car dealership, though.

It'd be nice if they'd set themselves apart from the rest of the motor mile and use permeable pavement, and/or a natural run off water filtration system before it reaches the creek that is nearby. Fingers crossed.

Don't forget that there will also be another empty tenant spot on Laurens Road once this gets built. :(

I hear a rumor someone has eyes on the old spot / land BMW will vacate with their move down the road. The spot they are vacating is prime....just across Laurens from Verdae.....it won't stay empty long.

I hear a rumor someone has eyes on the old spot / land BMW will vacate with their move down the road. The spot they are vacating is prime....just across Laurens from Verdae.....it won't stay empty long.

Excellent point. I really think Laurens Road in general will become prime real estate over the next 5-10 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know when the signing is going up in front of CU-ICAR facing 85? Seems to be taking a bit of time.

Are the mock-ups still in place? I don't know...

The sculpture designed by Clemson students and sponsored by Millennium apartments should also be going up soon. At least the competition is over and a design was picked. Then again, the bells at Riverplace are still a mystery.

the bells at Riverplace are still a mystery.

"The Bells at Riverplace Mystery".....

Wasn't that a Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew book. :lol:

I think the mock-up pieces have been removed.

I agree, where are the Riverplace bells? Where is the CU-ICAR sign?

Charlie Swords is the signing expert...maybe he knows?

sorry, as of this past Tuesday i have no info from the sign world....so.... :offtopic: if anybody knows of someone in need of a graphic designer than drop me a line.

I do know that there was a large monolith type sign in the works, i worked on it a bit that was probably a month ago. I dont know who, if anyone has got the contract or what the final design will be. I wouldnt expect anything for a little while though. On a side note my design was pretty rad.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this should be going at Technology Neighborhood I. I'm a big fan of interstate frontage for some of South Carolina's most modern and impressive architecture. But, this building is housing how many people? I think for its size, it might serve its purpose just as well on a plot of land that is almost already prepared across from the BMW building... Just my 2 cents.

I think this should be going at Technology Neighborhood I. I'm a big fan of interstate frontage for some of South Carolina's most modern and impressive architecture. But, this building is housing how many people? I think for its size, it might serve its purpose just as well on a plot of land that is almost already prepared across from the BMW building... Just my 2 cents.

The two buildings to be built next to the parking garage at Tech 1 are scheduled to start construction within the next six months and will house something else although i'm not sure what. That's one of the reasons ATW is building in Tech 5 instead. They want I-85 frontage too.

• 2 weeks later...

:) Hope this pays off-

Carbon Motors is weighing its options for the site location of the Company where it intends to create 10,000 new direct and indirect American jobs and have a greater than $3 billion positive economic impact on the selected region over a period of ten years.

:) Hope this pays off-

Carbon Motors is weighing its options for the site location of the Company where it intends to create 10,000 new direct and indirect American jobs and have a greater than $3 billion positive economic impact on the selected region over a period of ten years.