CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

I looked it up too, there are a couple of different variations, I think this one related to contracts is the most relevant to the lawsuit:

The causing of harm or loss by interfering with a contractual relationship between two parties

Has anyone heard anything new? It's been pretty quiet this week - the calm before the storm perhaps?

An article in the Greenville news this morning mentions a major American corporation planning to add a research facility to the ICAR campus.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would any of you venture to say that this is the announcement that the city and county were keeping tight fisted? That was a "major" economic news or development...? Hmmm.

Would any of you venture to say that this is the announcement that the city and county were keeping tight fisted? That was a "major" economic news or development...? Hmmm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about that. The article says 30 jobs, ramping up to 50-80. If this is their "Major Economic News", I'd be a bit disappointed. <_<

I don't know about that.  The article says 30 jobs, ramping up to 50-80.  If this is their "Major Economic News", I'd be a bit disappointed. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This surely must be the announcement that the Gville Journal was referring to. I agree that the number of jobs is a little low to get too excited about, but nevertheless, getting another "pioneer" tenant in ICAR and another "big name" at that is still significant.

Also, remember that these announcements tend to low-ball the eventual employment numbers. When BMW was first announced, the initial employment number was 400. Today they employ nearly 5,000.

Stay tuned...

Yeah, I know; check this out, I got in my email updates from gsa business:

ICAR may introduce new company by end of week

Richard Breen, Editor

More automotive research jobs are headed to the GSA area, with an official announcement coming as soon as the end of this week.

Speaking to a gathering of Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce members Wednesday, Bob Geolas, executive director of Clemson University's International Center for Automotive Research, said to expect word shortly. Following the luncheon, Geolas told GSABUSINESS that ICAR is awaiting final approval from the company before revealing its name.

Greenville County Council recently approved nearly $1 million in property tax breaks for a company interested in locating at ICAR, which is currently home to an under-construction BMW information technology research facility and a planned Clemson graduate automotive engineering school. The company expects to create at least 30 jobs and invest at least $12 million.

To qualify for the tax incentives, the company's research facilities must be given a "multi-county industrial park" designation. That requires approval by Greenville City Council, but a vote is not immediately necessary, according to Greenville City Manager Jim Bourey.

The pending announcement would mark the first significant job-creation commitment at ICAR since its groundbreaking in November 2003. :)

Greenville Journal hints that this new company is "electrifying".  Could this be General Electric?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would Timken and precision-machined materials be "electrifying?" I don't know, but I'm inclined to agree with you, Brad, that it could be someone else. Nonetheless, we're certainly glad that Timken has decided to move some jobs to Greenville. :D

I'm just curious... But, are the trees that front 85 going to be removed??? Trees are nice and all, but it kills the presence of these buildings. It's hard to see and I usually never even notice the BMW building at ICAR, and last time I went by, trees were left along the interstate on the Hubbell plot... do yall know or will it not end up hindering the presence that we make for ourselves along I-85???