Greenville Bombers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what is the mascot going to be? Did I miss that or have they yet to announce what we get to see parading around the ballpark trying to make us laugh?

I would have rather seen a name pay homage to "Shoeless" but not if they had gone with the "Greenville Joes"! Geez, that just sounds oddball and for those unfamiliar with baseball, well, we would look ridiculous.

Yeah, that logo needs a lot of work too. There isn't one thing that makes me think of our automobile ties with that funky logo. There are several of us on UP that could have done a better job and prolly spent less time on its design than what appears to have been spent on it in reality? If nothing else put the "Drive" in a tougher looking font. Its all cursive and wimpy!

Yeah, that logo needs a lot of work too. There isn't one thing that makes me think of our automobile ties with that funky logo. There are several of us on UP that could have done a better job and prolly spent less time on its design than what appears to have been spent on it in reality? If nothing else put the "Drive" in a tougher looking font. Its all cursive and wimpy!

The full press release is here and here.

This states the following explanation of the logo:

"The Greenville Drive

Jerry's Curbside Drive-in needs to move to the West End now. I really like the logo. It has a nice flow. I wish it had green somewhere in it, but I understand the connection to their MLB team. When I first saw the rounded wing, I thought about motorcycles, but the font does set it back in the 50's era. Again, it will be the marketing campaign which will have a chance to totally win me over. ;)

Jerry's Curbside Drive-in needs to move to the West End now. I really like the logo. It has a nice flow. I wish it had green somewhere in it, but I understand the connection to their MLB team. When I first saw the rounded wing, I thought about motorcycles, but the font does set it back in the 50's era. Again, it will be the marketing campaign which will have a chance to totally win me over. ;)

oh is that a wing? HAHAHA i thought it was water- like the reedy. :whistling:

We should have a U.P. night at the new ballpark! Perhaps a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility before it opens to the public or something. That'd be cool.

That sounds like a plan to me! :thumbsup:

Can we count on you to set it up with Nate? :shades:

I've received a reply from Nate Lipscomb. He'd be happy to show us the ballpark up close. :yahoo:How many of you would be interested in having an Urban Planet behind-the-scenes tour of the new west-end ballpark hosted by the Greenville Drive? If you're interested, speak up! :thumbsup:

Also, the Greenville Drive Temporary Merchandise Store was at Mast General Store yesterday and will be at the Hyatt today and tomorrow, so get out and get your Greenville Drive merchandise while you can. It will be a few weeks before you can get "stuff" again after that, unless you order it from the new web site, which is still under construction at this time.

Just took a walk to the new stadium and it is going to be awesome !! A when inside behind home plate and their is going to be a great view of down town. From the upper deck you should have a view of the mountains also. Nice layout, brick work looks great should be a great place to watch a game. I also stopped by the fieldhouse sales center, was surprised to hear only a few auction reservations so far. Units are more affordable ($225-$250 per foot ) but still twice per foot what a house cost in the suburbs.

I would like to go on the tour also.

Also, the Greenville Drive Temporary Merchandise Store was at Mast General Store yesterday and will be at the Hyatt today and tomorrow, so get out and get your Greenville Drive merchandise while you can. It will be a few weeks before you can get "stuff" again after that, unless you order it from the new web site, which is still under construction at this time.

Stopped by the Hyatt this afternoon. I didn't see a sign of the G-Drive merchandise. The folks at the front desk didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about, unfortunately. :wacko: The only thing I found at the Hyatt were a bunch of expo tables for the Spinx Run Fest. I did get a confirmation from Jack at the Mast General Store that the G-Drive had a table set up there this past Thursday selling shirts and hats.

...brick work looks great should be a great place to watch a game.

The Brick Work looks awesome! They're definitely using reclaimed bricks from a mill or another demolished building from somewhere. That ballpark is going to look like it's been there for decades! :thumbsup:

Archived