Greenville Bombers

I, for one, would be willing to pay a couple of bucks to go take in a ballgame and work from the ballpark while doing so on a beautiful afternoon in Greenville.  Heck, it'd probably make me *more* productive.  :D  Either that, or I'd sit and browse/post U.P.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I eagerly await an RT post, live from the new ballpark! That would be so cool.

Do many other ballparks, major or minor league, have WiFi?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!  Although, the orientation of the ballpark on the property is different from what had originally been reported. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought that it looked different. Wasn't it rotated 90 degrees clockwise before? With home plate about midway down Markley? :unsure:

Does anyone know what the two large "boxes" are on Main St.?  On the rendering it says New something Building.  I can't read the middle word.  Is this the condo building maybe?  Just looks like a big warehouse or something. :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes they are apartments or condos (they are residences nonetheless). With retail I'm sure on the first level. -- Which makes me wonder about living in one. Would they be sound proof? because those loud speakers would get to be quite annoying...

Yes they are apartments or condos (they are residences nonetheless). With retail I'm sure on the first level. -- Which makes me wonder about living in one. Would they be sound proof? because those loud speakers would get to be quite annoying...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but if you're into baseball, it could be the ultimate place to live. Free season tickets to your own luxury box if you get a field-facing view. B)

I think I'd like the seats way out in right field the best. The best view of DT and close to the action. I can't wait to see what kind of concessions and other shops and etc. will be available on the concourse. Looks from the rendering, there may be a whole lot of options. :D

Hip, Hip, Huzzah! Let the construction begin!

Drove out by the ballpark site this afternoon.

South Markley Street and Field Street were both closed off. Traffic is being reduced to one lane each direction on South Main.

It looks like they're back to work on the site. Seems they took a break until the public hearing put it back on the fast track.

Does anyone know what the two large "boxes" are on Main St.?  On the rendering it says New something Building.  I can't read the middle word.  Is this the condo building maybe?  Just looks like a big warehouse or something. :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Rendering says "NEW MIXED-USE BUILDING"

Residential upstairs, Retail/Office Space downstairs. Yup.

The Rendering says "NEW MIXED-USE BUILDING"

Residential upstairs, Retail/Office Space downstairs.  Yup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RT, you have better eyes than I. :blink: Now that you told me what it says, it is obvious what it says when I look at it again. Guess I just drew a blank. :blush:

Fox 21 just mentioned that the Capitol City Bombers are playing at the Municipal Stadium this weekend. Is the name: "Greenville Bombers" moniker not official yet, or are they just wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe they are wrong. If you got to www.bomberball.com, it is clearly the Greenville Bombers.

I'm going to my first Bombers game tonight! :alc:

Photos taken from the ballpark site yesterday afternoon. All were taken from somewhere along the Right Field Line in front of Field Street.

Looking toward Home Plate:

20050624_0001.jpg

Looking toward the Left Field Line:

20050624_0002.jpg

Looking toward the future site of Greenville's Green Monster:

20050624_0003.jpg

Looking toward downtown skyline over future Right Field wall:

20050624_0004.jpg

Slight zoom of the same view:

20050624_0005.jpg

Haymarket Park in Lincoln, NE (another DLR ballpark and a glimpse of what the new ballpark will look like):

haymarket.jpg

Archived