Greenville Bombers

OK. :thumbsup:

I've written to Rich, Diana, and Brenda asking the same exact question:

Are there still plans going forward to rename the Bombers or does the team plan to stick with the Bombers name going into next season?

If there are plans to rename the team, how would one go about submitting a suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

I'll let you all know what I get in response to this inquiry. B)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Diana Vossbrinck:

Thanks so much for your email.  Yes, there are still plans to rename the team (so be sure to pick up your one-year-only Greenville Bombers

souvenirs!)  Once we get closer to the end of the season you will probably start hearing about a formal "name the team" contest in the local media.  Hopefully you have been enjoying our website, www.bomberball.com, and we will certainly post something there as well.

I'm delighted that our fans are so interested in helping us create a new team for Greenville and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

With many thanks,

Diana

--

Diana Vossbrinck

Director of Fan Relations

I also received replies from Brenda and Rich! The response was fast! :thumbsup:

My pleasure! B)

I've just sent a reply back to all of them (one e-mail this time rather than separate ones). In it, I advised them that the overwhelming momentum in our forum seems to be behind the "Greenville Green Sox" at the moment. I even provided the URL to the thread, should they like to read through it. Maybe they'll sign up for U.P. and join us!? Who knows? :D

The e-mail forms from the bomberball.com site (hyperlinked in a previous update of mine) do work, if you want to send along your suggestions to Rich, Diana, and Brenda, too! :silly:

Thanks for doing all of this, RT. You rock.

Diana, Brenda, and Rich seem like great people who are truly committed to making our Greenville baseball team a success. Hopefully they will be in Greenville for quite a while, and can experience the ever-increasing "quality of life" Greenville is known for! :)

I will keep my eyes out for the "name the team" contest in the local media.

My pleasure!  B)

I've just sent a reply back to all of them (one e-mail this time rather than separate ones).  In it, I advised them that the overwhelming momentum in our forum seems to be behind the "Greenville Green Sox" at the moment.  I even provided the URL to the thread, should they like to read through it.  Maybe they'll sign up for U.P. and join us!?  Who knows?  :D

The e-mail forms from the bomberball.com site (hyperlinked in a previous update of mine) do work, if you want to send along your suggestions to Rich, Diana, and Brenda, too!  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the leg work RT. Great Job! :thumbsup:

I think either Diana, Brenda or Rich should become a member here on UP and post as an EXPERT on the Bombers. B)

I think it would be informational for them as well. This group probably represents the pulse of the market they are looking toward attracting.

By all means, feel free to pass that suggestion along to them  :D

It almost sounds from Rich Monzingo's reply as if they haven't decided on what kind of contest to hold for this "rename the team."  It seems to me that they may be open to any ideas that anyone has on this as well.

Here's one idea:

First, open the Contest by requesting ideas to be submitted.

Then, they should take the 4-5 best ideas submitted to them (as determined by the front office management and staff).

After that, do some all-out advertising through the Local Media and "Word-of-Mouth" on the Radio to let people know that the choice is going to be made at the home games during the last couple of weeks of the season so as to get attendance up. 

Next, present these ideas (name, colors, sketch of the proposed uniforms, etc.) to the crowds at each of the home games during the last couple of weeks of the season and then solicit applause for each idea.  Use an "Appause-o-Meter" to measure fan reaction to the choices presented.

At the end of the two weeks, select a winner from the choices with the best fan reaction.

How's that sound for a contest?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not Bad. B)

Here's another suggestion.

First, Let us decide the name using a UP poll.

Next, we'll let them know the winner.

Then, we'll design the uniforms. Purple & Green it is!

How's that sound for a contest? ;)

Think they'll go for it? :rofl:

Not Bad. B)

Here's another suggestion.

First, Let us decide the name using a UP poll.

Next, we'll let them know the winner.

Then, we'll design the uniforms.  Purple & Green it is!

How's that sound for a contest? ;) 

Think they'll go for it? :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That certainly has the potential to save the Bombers some advertising expense... :rofl:

By all means, feel free to pass that suggestion along to them  :D

It almost sounds from Rich Monzingo's reply as if they haven't decided on what kind of contest to hold for this "rename the team."  It seems to me that they may be open to any ideas that anyone has on this as well.

Here's one idea:

First, open the Contest by requesting ideas to be submitted.

Then, they should take the 4-5 best ideas submitted to them (as determined by the front office management and staff).

After that, do some all-out advertising through the Local Media and "Word-of-Mouth" on the Radio to let people know that the choice is going to be made at the home games during the last couple of weeks of the season so as to get attendance up. 

Next, present these ideas (name, colors, sketch of the proposed uniforms, etc.) to the crowds at each of the home games during the last couple of weeks of the season and then solicit applause for each idea.  Use an "Appause-o-Meter" to measure fan reaction to the choices presented.

At the end of the two weeks, select a winner from the choices with the best fan reaction.

How's that sound for a contest?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love this! :D

The Ballpark is definitely starting to take some tangible shape. I took some rather awful pictures this evening (just past the golden hour). Without tripod and using the nighttime setting on my camera, they turned out rather blurry. I'll try to swing by there tomorrow and get some decent shots of the place.

You can definitely see where the seating is going to be and you can see where the concourse will be above the seating. It appears that gravel has been spread across the concourse area in preparation for concrete to be poured later.

Looking out at the field from the corner of Markey and Field Streets (from behind home plate) you can see that excavation equipment down in the bowl is barely visible above the horizon.

I was pretty well psyched before, but seeing it all take shape is getting me totally jazzed! :thumbsup:

I wonder when the naming rights will be up for bid or negotiation. I wonder who is interested? I wonder what name the ballpark will take? <fades to dream sequence> I can see it now..."Welcome to BMW Park at Michelin Field." <fades back to reality> :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to a number of evenings out at the ballpark next year, whatever it's called! :wub:

I noticed yesterday that there were several signs up for Zoning or Design proposals around the stadium. One was at 27 River St., Shealy Electrical Wholesalers, with another sign at the other side of that same block. There was a third one across Markley street from the stadium near that church that opposed the stadium.

Anyone have an inside info. on these?

Archived