Greenville Bombers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a nice article in the Mercury News (from the California bay area) about the ballpark in downtown Greenville:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/12333390.htm

It paints a nice picture of Greenville, and how progressive the city is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Greenville :thumbsup: Nice to see others are taking notice.

the naming contest for the bombers has officially begun.  When I went to the game tonight, there was a table set up next to one of the concession stands where you could enter for the naming contest!!!!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So is everyone going to a game and entering Green Sox? :D

That sounds like a call to action, if I've ever heard one, my fellow Greenvillians!  I'm going to have to go submit a vote  :thumbsup:

Hmmm....

Greenvillians....

Maybe the Green Villans ?  No.  :sick:

I like Green Sox better!    :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, call to action it is! :D

The Green Villans...kinda has a ring RT.....hmmmmm.......

• 4 weeks later...

I heard a disturbing rumor today.

It seems like the Bombers and their agency have already decided on a name. They never even intended on accepting fan and community input. The team will be called...are you ready for this...the Greenville Drive.

Ugh.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it...the whole automotive industry thing. Whatever. It's a horrible name for a baseball team. Team names should be nouns, not intangible attributes and mystical concepts. "Groove" almost sounds good by comparison.

Let's hope this is not true.

I heard a disturbing rumor today.

It seems like the Bombers and their agency have already decided on a name. They never even intended on accepting fan and community input. The team will be called...are you ready for this...the Greenville Drive.

Ugh.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it...the whole automotive industry thing. Whatever. It's a horrible name for a baseball team. Team names should be nouns, not intangible attributes and mystical concepts. "Groove" almost sounds good by comparison.

Let's hope this is not true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very disturbing!!! Pleasse tell me this is a joke! What? We'll take car horns and scream "honk, honk, honk" at the game???? :rofl:

If any Bombers or city officials read this thread I hope they see we all think this name is ridiculous!

The Greenville Drive?!?!?!? Oh you've GOT to be kidding me! :rofl:

I definitely prefer the "Green Sox" idea over that. Heck, I'd even endorse the "Green Villans" over that! Come on! That rumor has to be a joke! :sick:

Maybe the Greenville "Drivers" or the Greenville "Driven." But the "Drive?" Ugh.

As for updated photos, I'll get out to the ballpark site this weekend and snap a few. I've been out of town a lot recently and have been kinda burried between work and my daughter's soccer games of late, too. :rolleyes:

Archived