PROPOSED: Grant's Block

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up on the demolition, I was waiting for the longest time to see a big chunk fall but eventually gave up waiting for it to fall and left.

I was suprised how close people were allowed to the site as the wrecking ball was swinging especially considering the amount of debris that was flying. Even now you can get right up to the building which has big "dingleberries" of brick hanging over the sidewalk below which seems a little dangerous considering how windy it is today.

• 2 weeks later...

Grant's Block will soon have a new name! Watch for it.

Will we get a render with the new name?? :whistling: Like Cotuit, I had a fondness for the Grant's Block name too... I have no idea where it came from, but I still like it...

- Garris

It came from the WT Grant's department store that built and long occupied the building before my time.

Will we get a render with the new name?? :whistling: Like Cotuit, I had a fondness for the Grant's Block name too... I have no idea where it came from, but I still like it...

- Garris

I can't post anything until our design is finalized. It'd be irresponsible.

Well said. But I'm sure you can understand our great interest in this project. I hope the UP members didn't question you to death on Monday! :D Speaking for myself, I'm so close to moving downcity. But only if certain safety and parking issues are addressed. It's the Alice or Grant's for me, or nothin'. :shades:

I hope the UP members didn't question you to death on Monday!

Actually, I think Thom Deller had more questions for Ari than the rest of us. :lol:

Actually, aside from the much anticipated rendering, we've got a lot of information already on what the building should look like.

Frankie I havent had any issues with safety for the two years I have lived downtown. Parking is another issue. Though if you are looking at the grants block then you have 500 spots to pick from ( same from any Buff Chace building )

Two years!? If you don't mind my asking, where did you live before the Peerless Building?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived