North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not much, but my wife tells me that the strip center that is being built behind Burger King is NOT going ot have a Moe's...it's some other restaurant along those lines though. There's going to be the holy trinity of Upstate South Carolina strip mall shops there, too: A Hair Salon, A Nail Salon, and a Tanning Salon. :rolleyes:

Is it Mrs. Salsa? There is one of those opening at the strip mall at the Greer Wal-Mart and one at the new strip mall at Wade Hampton and St. Marks in Taylors.

Is it Mrs. Salsa? There is one of those opening at the strip mall at the Greer Wal-Mart and one at the new strip mall at Wade Hampton and St. Marks in Taylors.

A guy at my church that works for the construction company (SYS, I think?) called the place something like Uncle Burrito. He might have just confused the name. I hope so, because a place called Uncle Burrito just doesn't sound appetizing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be a new favorite.

Anyone keeping an eye on the talk about traffic on highway 290? This is causing quite a stir. I hope a northern freeway gets a good look as a result. ;)

They just need to go ahead and turn it in to a 4 lane devided highway and zone it as such.

Link: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...351&qpid=390218

No doubt SC-290 needs to be widened to four lanes. I think we may see it becoming more like US-25 in southwestern Greenville County with a turn lane. It seems more practical to have a turn lane.

I went driving through the Green Valley area again yesterday and man.....I just love that area! Retail should start booming between Furman and Travelers Rest with all the homes in this area (and lots of new ones too). Noticed multiple signs for new home developments going in. I think Greenville County has to be careful with planning or Cherrydale to Travelers Rest will be the next Woodruff Road.

...Noticed multiple signs for new home developments going in...

Interestingly enough, some builders like Centex and D.R. Horton have abandoned this area while others like Ryan Homes and Ryland are now moving into the area. There's a new builder taking over development and construction in my neighborhood, but I've not seen or heard much about them and they don't seem to even have any internet presence, from what I can discern.

• 3 weeks later...

However, I will not be satisfied until a freeway stretches between Greenville and Asheville. There is already too much traffic on 25, but more is sure to come. Guess I'll have to settle for both good and bad elements (don't have much choice anyway).

I've never understood why the state didn't continue 385 on up to Asheville and name it 26W, with the Spartanburg 26, being 26E. Dallas/Ft.Worth did this with 35E and 35W through both cities.

The area is already starting to take off, as you'll see when driving through to attend the tournament this weekend. Now, if only the City of Travelers Rest would get rid of those hoakey "The City of Travelers Rest Welcomes You!" signs stretched between PVC Pipe and replace them with something more professional. :rolleyes:

However, I will not be satisfied until a freeway stretches between Greenville and Asheville. There is already too much traffic on 25, but more is sure to come. Guess I'll have to settle for both good and bad elements (don't have much choice anyway).

If I-185 were just continued on through to Hendersonville to tie back into I-26 somehow, I think that would suffice.

If I-185 were just continued on through to Hendersonville to tie back into I-26 somehow, I think that would suffice.

Something along that same line, sure. I figure a freeway would probably connect with 25 in NC, since it is already a freeway for a fair distance just beyond the SC/NC border. :thumbsup:

My wife told me about one this evening...a clothing store, but I can't remember the name of it off hand. She saw a help wanted add and it caught her attention that they were opening a store here, and then she noticed that it was going to be in Cherrydale rather than Haywood Mall area. Argh. I'll have to ask her tomorrow what the name of it was again.

I have also wondered about the idea. It would require building a freeway along the eastern banks along the Saluda River. It would be difficult to build interchanges at Saluda Dam and Farr's Bridge roads because everything is pretty much residentially developed between the river and White Horse Road. Had someone realized the idea 30 years ago, it would not be a problem. I could second the Reedy River Expressway. (Does anyone which routings were ever considered for it?)

I've never understood why the state didn't continue 385 on up to Asheville and name it 26W, with the Spartanburg 26, being 26E. Dallas/Ft.Worth did this with 35E and 35W through both cities.

If extended, why not rename it 226, 426, 626 or 826 being more a west-to-east interstate?

That is what I haven't figured out as well. There is especially a need today, with more heavy truck traffic through Greenville, not to mention the growing car traffic.

That is what I haven't figured out as well. There is especially a need today, with more heavy truck traffic through Greenville, not to mention the growing car traffic.

Problem: US-25 a dividved four lane highway up the mountain on South Carolina's side is at-grade intersections with the Cliffs development at the North Carolina state line, Gap Creek Road, Cliffs Valley, Old US-25 and several roadside residences and businesses. Unless there's any room for frontage roads, it would be very difficult today to revamp it into a freeway.

Archived