Need help in looking for a house

bsutter2

Im currently a USF student, and am planning on making the jump to a house in a year from now. My current aparment rent is 450 a month (i have 3 other roomates that pay the same thing). As you can see, I am getting ripped off, and I want to make a step in the right direction by getting a house.

My parents plan on helping me out with the down payment, and I would have the house in my own name and rent a room out to my friend to help with the rent.

Now Im looking for somthing small, preferably 2 bedrooms, in decent condition in an area not to crappy. I would like to get something as close to USF as possible (while avoiding suitcase city). Areas I have in mind are Temple Terrace, Lutz, North Tampa and maybe Carrolwood. Anyone have any tips/ideas on neighborhoods etc?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im currently a USF student, and am planning on making the jump to a house in a year from now. My current aparment rent is 450 a month (i have 3 other roomates that pay the same thing). As you can see, I am getting ripped off, and I want to make a step in the right direction by getting a house.

My parents plan on helping me out with the down payment, and I would have the house in my own name and rent a room out to my friend to help with the rent.

Now Im looking for somthing small, preferably 2 bedrooms, in decent condition in an area not to crappy. I would like to get something as close to USF as possible (while avoiding suitcase city). Areas I have in mind are Temple Terrace, Lutz, North Tampa and maybe Carrolwood. Anyone have any tips/ideas on neighborhoods etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out Riverview. It is just up and coming, but property values are doing great and it is definetly nicely located. I75, I4, 301, 60 and the Crosstown all meet there. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can get a townhome... I would get something new, as it appreciates best....

Let me know if you need help...

Archived