The Homemade Renderings Thread

EngineerNole

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that Orlando has numerous high rise buildings going up, does anyone have a computer animated image of what downtown might look like?  I know that each individual property owner would only have the rendering of the building, but I'd like to see a rendering of the skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am actually working on one right now.....using GIS softwares. I got some shapefiles from the city of orlando and orange county last week. However, I discover the parcels that they gave me did not include the heights of the property, so I have to guessimate the height myself. I am hoping to get this done soon, maybe by end of this week.

I am actually working on one right now.....using GIS softwares. I got some shapefiles from the city of orlando and orange county last week. However, I discover the parcels that they gave me did not include the heights of the property, so I have to guessimate the height myself. I am hoping to get this done soon, maybe by end of this week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some heights

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great!!! That's really cool that you can do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This sounds really cool. How's it coming along? Can't wait to see it.

All of this growth is amazing to me. I'm literally finding out about all of it right now. I'm so glad I moved back to Orlando. What a great place!

below are some rendering of downtown i created using GIS. I hope this is helpful. The height of the buildings should be accurate as I got it from this forum, but the dimensions and location is only an estimate based on aerial photos. Blue buildings represent proposed/underconstruction. I am sure I am missing some buildings, especially west of I-4.

orlandodowntown.jpg

orlandodowntown2.jpg

orlandodowntownI-4east.jpg

orlandodowntownI-4west.jpg

orlandodowntownlookingnorth.jpg

orlandodowntownlookingNortheast.jpg

Great work, it really puts everything in perspective.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks, I will continue to work on the rendering and correct/verify locations of some of the buildings (ie. 55 west). Also, if anyone knows how i can insert an animation link, i be more than happy to do so. Viewing it in 3D animation looks much better. Or if anyone interested, i can email it to you. thanks

• 4 weeks later...

That picture is indeed taken from the Citrus Bowl. I saw it when I searched for Orlando Skyline under google images. I tried searching for it again and there is a link to it, but only for a thumbnail picture. the larger photograph does not come up. I will see if I can find where I saved it on my home computer and I will post it.

Here's a spot for everybody to post their photoshopped skylines and renderings. I figured it'd be cleaner to have all the images in one spot rather than scattered about in different threads.

The Paramount:

paramountphotoshop0yw.jpg

Tradition Towers:

traditiontowersphotoshop6br.jpg

Archived