The Homemade Renderings Thread

EngineerNole

Well that is pretty damn impressive!

I would be darn proud of that skyline even without a new tallest in there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, these pics definitely support that notion. bic, you always seem to have the most foresight, keep up the good work.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, these pics definitely support that notion.  bic, you always seem to have the most foresight, keep up the good work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha..I don't know about foresight...I'm thinking more like too much free time. Thanks for the feedback though. :thumbsup:

That was great Bic!

I don't think is was too much free time... I think that for the first time we are so proud of the city and the new developments that we can't wait to find out how it is going to look like... and we love that you took the time to make it easier for us to see it. Thanks!

We are becoming a real city with a real downtown!

We are not Mickey Mouse town any more

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Updated map with The Corinthian, added to the Church/Eola Residential, and changed Star Tower's status from proposed to under construction.

constructionmap73wv.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. City View Apartments

2. Hughes Square

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

33. 205 S. Eola Dr.

34. Capital Plaza III

35. Monarch

36. Church/Eola Residential

37. 305 S. Eola Dr.

38. The Corinthian

Beautiful job, Bic. But I still think Main & Main has more credibility than NuPizzuti. After all, Kodsi said he'd build the Sanctuary and cha-ching. He said, he'd start star tower as sanctuary was wrapping up and cha-ching. No reason to doubt his word on Main and Main. On the other hand Palm Beach Land Trust has no track record at least not in downtown Orlando.

You're right, there are no published plans for Main & Main, but that is true for NuPizzuti and the PAC. That's just my opinion, and since you are doing all the work on the rendering you are certainly entitled to yours. And .. I think it is a really great product. :)

Question about the M&M lot. Does anyone know what its true boundaries are? I think its from 50 to the existing condos and from Orange to Garland. Does anyone know different?

I finally got around to finishing up my attempt at modeling Downtown Orlando in Google Earth-- well, as much of it as I wanted and was able to do. There are many buildings less than 10 stories tall that I had to leave out because I did not have the proper reference pictures to adequately estimate their heights. I decided to color-code the buildings to match the map that I've been updating in this thread, so you should know that teal indicates a proposed building, orange indicates a building under construction, and gray indicates completed buildings.

Without further ado, here is a tour of the future Downtown Orlando.

Downtown as seen from the southwest:

16bj.jpg

Downtown as seen from the northwest:

28zn.jpg

Downtown as seen from the southeast:

39wz.jpg

The new view from I-4 Eastbound:

44ab1.jpg

408 Eastbound view:

53du.jpg

The once lone SunTrust Building has some new company:

69jd.jpg

Looking north from ORMC:

70ro.jpg

A new look at a popular view of downtown:

85jy.jpg

A dense Thornton Park:

98bu.jpg

Lake Eola:

106pe.jpg

Tradition Towers, Dynetech, The Vue, and Ridgley Manor from across Lake Eola:

119ei.jpg

Proposed 217 North Eola residential in the foreground:

126pf.jpg

Some Lake Eola density:

131pu.jpg

TD Waterhouse Centre and the Orlando Centroplex:

142at.jpg

Uptown in the foreground and Orlando City Place on the right:

151hh.jpg

The twin towers of Orlando Palace, The Ivanhoe, and the lone North Orange:

166bt.jpg

The monsterous Orlando City Place and Uptown in the back:

170gn.jpg

Orlando City Place, with the grayed out Holiday Inn at its core:

188dh.jpg

Downtown seen from over the Executive Airport:

193lm.jpg

The skyline seen from westbound 408:

200tc.jpg

The WESH Super Doppler 2 tower shot of downtown:

215qj.jpg

Just another overview:

222fi.jpg

Looking down Orange Ave. over the roof of the CNL Building:

237wn.jpg

City Hall and SunTrust cluster:

243aj.jpg

The 400 Club:

254bn.jpg

The new core:

267yx.jpg

One last overview of the new Downtown Orlando

273wf.jpg

great work bic!!!

that cluster from thorton park down central to orange is gonna be sick (in a good way).

UPDAN, maybe you can include some of this pics into your webpage for a one ultimate place to see every about downtown orlando development.

we now have something to look at when flying into orlando!!

Thanks for all the compliments. Now if only someone could tell me how to save these buildings to a file and export them so others can experience the same model in their own Google Earth program.

Accatt2004, no, I haven't thought about sending these anywhere.

Once again, bic, amazing job! by any chance do you have the skyline from atop the Citrus Bowl. I am sure it will be similar to Eastbound 408, just a little further north. Soon, during the Capital One Bowl game, the broadcasters will show shots of vibrant downtown Orlando skyline in the distance, rather than pictures of Disney world!

Great news! Apparently I can share this model of Downtown Orlando with all of you...and this will even work in the free version of Google Earth. Here's what you need to do:

1. Download any version of Google Earth...the free version will do.

2. Click on this link to download the "Downtown Orlando.KMZ" file. Right now I'm using YouSendIt.com to host the file, but that will only last for 7 days. If somebody from this forum could step up and host the tiny 31kb file permanently, it would be greatly appreciated (UPSDAN, I'm looking in your direction).

3. Save the file to any directory.

4. Open Google Earth, click "File" and then "Open." Go into the directory you just downloaded the file to and select it to be opened.

5. Voila! All of the buildings should appear in their correct locations in Downtown Orlando, and you should see a new folder called "Downtown Orlando" under "Places" on the left side of the Google Earth tool bar.

That's all there is to it. Hope you enjoy!

If you want to avoid having to download the file to a directory and reopen it, you can just choose "open" at the download prompt and choose Google Earth as to program to open the file with. That should work too...but when you go to close the Google Earth program, it will ask you if you want to save items that are currently in your "Temporary Places." Choose "yes."

Archived