The Homemade Renderings Thread

EngineerNole

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Ivanhoe and Orlando Palace i would say are definites. Ivanhoe to break ground in October and Palace to break ground in January, as for North Orange i am not sure as this has taken forever. They had originally filed plans about 3 years ago and are just now revising thier plans. They said they were waiting for completion of Emerald Beach Condos in Panama City to start this one. I wonder what got them to change the design...maybe they saw the reviews on here (shenzen, commie block) and decided to change it. Maybe we should be thanking Prahaboheme. I hope this happens as i really do like the new 34 story tower design, but i am not holding my breath. If it takes as long as it has you will see Kodsi's Main and Main completed before N. Orange. :blink:

p.s. awesome panaoramic pic ....bic :thumbsup:

constructionmapnumbers9lu.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Heh..apparently I skipped 15

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

great renderings, orlando is booming quite nicely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bic, you never cease to amaze me. Good job. Well i guess Jefferson Street Garage is back on.....now that Cameron Kuhn pulled the plug on Benchmark? On another note, I saw a good site for a high rise today. On the map you see #23 just south of that across washington there is an old drive thru bank and lot that has a sign for sale.

Thanks.

Yeah, there are a lot of sites that are prime for development. There are two that jump right out at me on that satellite image:

-Directly northwest of The Ivanhoe (31)

-East of Orlando Palace (32)

They're both large parcels of land with lake views in the soon-to-be booming neighborhood of Uptown. The only major negative to both sites is their position on the CSX railroad tracks. That's okay, though, because that just means it will make more sense for developers to build vertically in order to elevate residents above the noise.

I believe they are gonna make Garland (road that runs parallel with I4 near #31) one way north instead of the current 2 way from colonial back to orange for this I4 widening and place a new onramp eastbound there near #31, The Ivanhoe BLVD on and off ramps are going to be obsolete when this happens. Jaybee knows all about this. This was brought out at the Orlando Palace community meeting at Princeton Elementary because of the FDOT studies and I4 expansion concerns.

No way!

I kid you not that I was looking at the map a few minutes ago and thinking about how the mess of the Ivanhoe Blvd. off-ramp should be moved on top of where Garland is over by 31. It would clean up the tricky off-ramp situation and free up some prime lakefront property.

Bic, this is definitely happening so if for say you lived at the Palace you would have to go down Orange make a right on Colonial and a right on Garland to enter Eastbound I-4 to Altamonte or i guess you could go up to Princeton and get on there. The current on ramp that people normally take Magnolia up to and get on will be gone when they widen I4 to 10 lanes. DOT apparently felt that this widening would not allow enough room for a safe exit or entrance ramp to I4. The curly off ramp westbound to Ivanhoe Blvd that eventualy merges into Orange is going bye bye as well. There will be a long straight exit ramp with several lanes to Colonial from Westbound I4. It wont curve like it does now at colonial. The park is gonna have a little more room there on Lake Ivanhoe. I think it is an excellent plan.

Super job, BIC!  You might want to add the Kodsi development although no renderings yet.  Just east of 29 and north of 27.  Super!

Does anyone know if Paramount goes all the way to Pine?  I thought I read that somewhere.  It would take a bit of demolision.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I meant west of 29 :D

Once again, awesome job bic! This really helps put things in perspective. I had no idea the PAC would take up so much land. I didn't think it would extend as far east as it is showing. That is very cool. Although I would bet part of that will be parking...

I have to concur with everyone else, Bic, Awesome job!!! Those renderings are great. The PAC location is huge, but a great spot for it! I didn't know they would demolish the round bldg across from city hall to build the PAC. Sad, that building has character (not to mention it was on the big screen in "Lethal Weapon 2" LOL).

Since I'm not able to edit my earlier post with an updated version of this image, here it is again with the addition of Orlando City Place (15):

constructionmapnumbers21kz.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones