The Homemade Renderings Thread

EngineerNole

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correction to firemick's earlier comment... the off ramp from eastbound I-4 to Ivanhoe Blvd goes away. The off ramp from westbound I-4 to Ivanhoe is reconfigured so there isn't a loop ramp; you'll come straight in from the freeway. The on ramp will largely remain the same configuration, the exception of an additional lane to get onto the HOV/toll lanes. They will also be fixing Magnolia Avenue leading up until this area with the I-4 reconstruction from the Palace (very narrow just north of Ivanhoe Blvd).

How is #26 Palm Beach land Trust's future project on the old Pizzutti lot gonna compete with #15 Orlando City Place? Man, they better have something nice and massive to impress us now!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what does Kodsi (unnumbered) have up his sleeve for Main & Main. Says it's big, says its approaching 1000 residents plus shops.

It's a bueautiful piece of work.  Still need to add Kadsi's M&M and extend Paramount (18) back to Pine Street.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I've been holding off on Kodsi's until I see some renderings that convince me it is far enough along in the planning phase to be put on the map. I know I contradict myself by highlighting the old Pizzuti lot, but I did that because from all accounts it sounds like the project sounds legit and will be developed swiftly. I'm trying to minimize the risk of having to subtract items from the map because of projects that fell through.

TaureanJ, the map was made with Adobe Photoshop.

Thanks. I've been holding off on Kodsi's until I see some renderings that convince me it is far enough along in the planning phase to be put on the map.

TaureanJ, the map was made with Adobe Photoshop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm down with that. One more though, 205 S Eola Dr ... Just says Hi Density Residential on the June Agenda for MPB. That's about 1.5 blocks due south of the Eola South condo (3), where center for drug free living is now.

I'm down with that.  One more though, 205 S Eola Dr ... Just says Hi Density Residential on the June Agenda for MPB.  That's about 1.5 blocks due south of the Eola South condo (3), where center for drug free living is now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I've been holding off on that too because right now they're only requesting zoning changes to allow residential high intensity and commercial. Hopefully it'll get approved in June and I'll get to add it to the map.

Nice.

I forgot to mention that another reason why I have been holding off on putting projects on the map without renderings is because I don't know what their footprints will look like. It's kinda hard to make a drawing without knowing what it is you're drawing.

This project has some preliminary renderings... there are two kinda matching towers of 12-floors or so.  I'll post when I get time.  The project is called "Eola Development".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will be a nice little cluster in the Eola/Thornton Park Planning District with these projects and already standing buildings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Sanctuary Condos 18 story high rise tower 509 East Pine Street (Eola & Pine St. SW Corner) almost finished- occupancy in fall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. 530 East Central Blvd Condos 20 story high rise tower 530 E. Central Blvd

(Central & Eola SW corner) built in 1985 unknown height

3.Eola Development Two 12 story mid rise towers 205 S. Eola Drive

(Eola Drive & Pine St. SE Corner) June 21 MPB meeting

4 Star Tower Condos 18 story high rise tower 421 E. Jackson Street

(Osceola & Jackson NW Corner) 3rd Qtr Start of Construction

5. Paramount on Lake Eola 16 story tower 400 E. Central Blvd

(Lake & Central Blvd SE Corner)

6. The Jackson Condos 9 story midrise tower 521 E. Jackson Street

(Jackson St. & Eola NW Corner)

7. Eola South Condos 4 story building ??????????????????

(Central & Eola SE Corner)

This doesn't count Thornton Park Central, Urban Innovations at 217 N. Eola, and i think it is Baptist Terrace Tower on E. Jackson behind the future Paramount site.

This area is gonna be one of the densest areas in the city.

This will be a nice little cluster in the Eola/Thornton Park Planning District with these projects and already standing buildings.

1. Sanctuary Condos  18 story high rise tower                      509 East Pine Street (Eola & Pine St. SW Corner)                  almost finished- occupancy in fall

2. 530 East Central Blvd Condos  20 story high rise tower      530 E. Central Blvd

(Central &  Eola SW corner)                  built in 1985 unknown height

3.Eola Development  Two 12 story mid rise towers              205 S. Eola Drive 

(Eola Drive & Pine St. SE Corner)            June 21 MPB meeting

4 Star Tower Condos  18 story high rise tower                      421 E. Jackson Street

(Osceola & Jackson NW Corner)            3rd Qtr Start of Construction

5. Paramount on Lake Eola  16 story tower                          400 E. Central Blvd

(Lake & Central Blvd SE Corner)

6. The Jackson Condos    9 story midrise tower                    521 E. Jackson Street

(Jackson St. & Eola NW Corner)

7. Eola South Condos    4 story building                              ??????????????????

(Central & Eola SE Corner)

This doesn't count Thornton Park Central, Urban Innovations at 217 N. Eola, and i think it is Baptist Terrace Tower on E. Jackson behind the future Paramount site.

This area is gonna be one of the densest areas in the city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FYI -- The address for Eola South Condos is 1. South Eola Dr. ^_^

Updated map with 205 S. Eola Dr. (33) and 801 N. Orange under construction:

constructionmapnumbers48pc.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

33. 205 S. Eola Dr.

PoMo aint exactly my thing, but...

If, IMHO, they got rid of that really weak 'wave' roof design when they redesign for the antennae and went instead with something like this...

55w.jpg

I could live with that.

I think that the building [even with the five additional floors] is too short and squat for a single antenna design. Two antennas seem to complement the two 'wings' of the primary building mass.

Others may feel differently...

^ As usual Bic, great job.  # 18 (Paramount) still needs to go all the way to Pine Street.  In fact the Residence has a Pine St. address.  I Believe the Publix will have a Central address.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fixed.

And 801 N. Orange was shaded orange since it started construction.

Nice job on the map bic.

camillo, interesting design, but I actually like the current rendering, the glass wave is kind of cool. Lit up at night it will probably look great, thats of course if the thing ever breaks ground. what program do you use to do this?

For what it's worth I like the latest 55 rendering as well. The glass wave looks very nice. Your proposed roofline doens't cut it for me. I don't like any of the spires shown. Don't fit the tower, not a tower beggin' for a spire IMO.

Don't [sic] fit the tower, not a tower beggin' for a spire IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe, maybe not. As I said previously: rehashed PoMo isn't my thing.

Your point however is completely irrelevant considering that 55W is right now being re-designed to incorporate a spire to be used as a communications antenna by OPD/OFD.

Cheers.

The ageement actually reads as follows and I do not believe this implies a new spire at all:

In exchange for such extension, 55 West has agreed to allow the City to place antennae and related equipment on the roof of the residential tower (at no charge to the City) for use in the operation of the City's communication system.

The ageement actually reads as follows and I do not believe this implies a new spire at all:

In exchange for such extension, 55 West has agreed to allow the City to place antennae and related equipment on the roof of the residential tower (at no charge to the City) for use in the operation of the City's communication system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh, we could I suppose debate the definition of spire. But the "antenna" will need to be, however it is configured, tall enough to clear its own perimeter or, at the very least, the perimeter of other surrounding buildings in order to achieve wide ranging line-of-sight usability.

Something tells me that the 55W people are not going to be satisfied with putting a wire-tethered 50', 60', or 70' ham radio antenna on the top of their new building but are more likely to fold it into some type of "architectural feature" or, as I was using the term, a "spire".

los.jpg

it only needs to be a few feet taller than Suntrust, so it would be barely visible from a distance... Your spire is HUGE, so it would obviously look a bit disproportionate to the building. Anyway, I stand behind my original statement, the current rendering is the best so far for 55W.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated map with 55 West under construction:

constructionmapnumbers57oq.jpg

LEGEND

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

33. 205 S. Eola Dr.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. The aerial map of downtown Orlando with construction updates is very cool. There is another site currently under construction but not listed on the aerial map. It's a big lot located north of Marks, east of Garland, and west of the train tracks. The lot is already fenced in with bulldozers at work. I can't find any information as to what is being built on this lot. Any ideas?? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated map with proposals of Capital Plaza III, Monarch, 305 S. Eola, and Church Eola Development. Since these are based off of renderings (or none at all) that show very little in terms of scale and place, these are my best estimations of their respective footprints and locations:

constructionmap66pk.jpg

LEGEND

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones