"What is your avatar/signature?": Rehashed

ironchapman

Like it says, I saw a post like this WAY WAY back in this forum, and considered it too old to try to revive, so I'll start a new one. (the last post on the old one was from 2003)

What does you avatar and/or signature depict?

How did you choose it?

How long has it been there?

My avatar is a picture of the city of Atlanta. I picked so people would know where I was from. It has been there since I started posting here.

My signature is a quote from the Britcom "Blackadder IV: Blackadder Goes Forth". It has been there since I started posting here. I chose it because I love Britcoms.

The "I love Atlanta" is only there to let people know I like my home town. I added it a little later.

Feel free to post again if you change it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like it says, I saw a post like this WAY WAY back in this forum, and considered it too old to try to revive, so I'll start a new one. (the last post on the old one was from 2003)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you still could have just bumped the old thread if you wanted people to reply to it. the last post to it was january of this year and it has 3 whole pages of replies.

I saw some people on some of these new threads w/old topics say that weren't even going to bother with the old one.

I thought about revitalizing the old one though. I just guess I decided to start a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went with the standard green leaf.  I never bothered to get my own avatar. 

Fortunately, I haven't seen any other members use the green leaf, so it's mine, all mine!

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, Urban Legend, but Michi, a new forumer here, stole that title from you.

My avatar is a photo of the Penobscot Building in downtown Detroit, taken at night from the roof of the Metropolitan Building.

My signature contains two links, one to my Flickr account, and the other to the Preservation Wayne website, which is an organization that I volunteer for.

whoa, wolf

that is really touching my man.

Our hearts and prayers go out to him, I really hope all this talk of a cure coming down the pike gets here in time. That is really a harsh hand to be dealt in life.

I really wanted an avatar of a pomegranate fruit, but obviously they're not widely available. I had a jpeg, but it was too large and it wasn't being accepted by this web site. I don't have Photoshop or anything like that and I'm not really good at this sort of thing. I finally figured out that you can download a free resizing tool from the Microsoft web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Once it's installed, you open any jpeg and right click on it, and choose "resize photo." Then name your pixel size. It's very easy. They have all sorts of other free power toys on that web site, fyi.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping I got my sig right...what do you think of it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't see a sig Ironchapman, guess you didn't get it right.

Hey why not explain your name "ironchapman" where did that come from?

My avatar in the latest Frank Gehry building, the Disney Concert Hall" in LA, it's a stunning building, you can see more here

My quote has been my qoute since the late 70's. It comes from me.

My website, Vegas Today and Tomorrow, is indeed a labor of love. Dedicated to the Growth and Urbanization og Vegas.

My name Jazzman comes from tha fact that I love 'real' jazz, not that Kenny G CRAP, (Sorry G Lovers) and I compose music and play piano and synth as a hobby.

^ Actually, I got complaints about it being too long...

Here is what it could have been:

"From the ashes...left us in 1864, we have raised a brave and beautiful city that somehow or other caught the sunshine in the bricks and mortar of our hopes, and have builded therein not one ignoble prejudice or memory."

-----Henry Woodfin Grady on Atlanta to the New England Society in 1886.

I just changed my avatar to that of one of my favorite video game mascots, Ratchet and Clank. I like to chaange my avatar about every month (unless I find one I really like).

paulblackgsx, I gotta give you props on your avatar ( im a family guy fan ) :thumbsup:

My avatar is a picture of a blue tinted Atlanta skyline, with the stupid blue signature to match. Im going to change it soon.

It says : "If your parents never had children, there's a good chance you won't either"

If you think about it you'll get it.

hint hint : { your parents didn't have kids }

Archived