"What is your avatar/signature?": Rehashed

ironchapman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is my first post......

I know this is not the apropriatte place for an introduction, but I don't like the "New Guy" Vibe in the Introduce Yourself Forum. I recently left the Skyscraperpage forums when I heard about Urban planet's more advanced forums. I live in Buckhead, a few blocks away from Lenox. My family made a fortune in the stockmarket so we live a pretty luxurious lifestyle. ( I got my green lambourghini last year ) If you see it in the parking lot at Lenox Square, Then I'm in the mall with my girlfriend. My avatar is a green lamborghini murcielago ( not mine! ) and Ironchapman, isn't your avatar that guy from some videogame?

Re: My Avatar: Yep, Lamborghiniman, it is one of a video game character, Ratchet and Clank. They are some of my favorite characters. I mentioned that n an earlier post.

Welcome to the forum LAMBORGHINIMAN! Congrats on your family winning that fortune!

My avatar is the picture of my city, Quito. It is very nice because of the volcanoes surrounding it. As you can see, we dont have actual "constructed" skylines, but we do have a wonderful natural one. Because of the lack of planning of our architects and leaders, Quito's airport, which was first construted outside the city, became part of it, and by now it is illegal to construct tall buildings. I dont know the exact permitted height, I'll find out later. Now, they are constructing a new ariport so the city is, according to new planners, going to start growing upwards. What is awesome about quito is that it has the largest colonial center of all the Americas, giving the city a significant historical importance. The volcanoe you see is the Cotopaxi, one of the largest in the world....

Mi signature consist of a couple of sayings and quotes, some taken, others created that I find pretty "inspiring"lol.

• 1 year later...

My avatar is Richmond's flag which shows a sculpture named the Headman by local sculptor Paul DiPasquale. Of course it's red white and blue and the 9 stars represent the 9 states Richmond governed as capital.

My signature is a pic of Richmond I took from a farm nearby (that's now fallen to a developer) with a jaw-dropping view of the city.

Mine are both photos of condo developments I shot in Greenville. The avatar is The Richland at Cleveland Park, an Italian-inspired condo project located next to Cleveland Park and the Greenville Zoo, just outside downtown. The signature is Poinsett Corners, a mixed-use project in downtown.

My avatar is...well, it's nothing since I haven't figured out how to put one on yet.

My sig is a pretty sorry attempt at humor, trying to let folks know that calling San Francisco anything but The City or San Francisco is pretty offensive to San Franciscans, and probably most folks from the Bay Area. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of SF, even though I lived nearby, and it never bothered me until I moved away from the Bay Area...go figure.

My avatar is a still from one of my fave films ever, Aparajito - a Bengali film directed by Satyajit Ray in 1956 (it was part of the Apu trilogy - Pather Panchali, Aparajito and The World Of Apu; Matt Groening is a fan, and these films allegedly were the inspiration behind the Simpsons character). Ray's films are very difficult to track down presently (in the US at least), but very well worth the hunt; tis some uniquely smart filmmaking.

My sig changes from time to time - I pick favorite quotes - thus far they've been from novelist Don DeLillo and songwriter Jane Siberry; in a week or two it will probably be something else.

My avater is an incorrect version of the flag of the great state of South Carolina. It has been there since March 18, 2004 apparantly.

Signature consists of links to the various forums and/or city pages of the South Carolina forum. I encourage all of you to use them. The colors of the links are not random. Each one represents its city in some way. Some colors are obvious, others are not so much. Come visit the SC forum and see if you can figure it out :D

The Apple is self explanatory. You should click that image too.

Archived