Riverside on the James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting story on today's RTD Business page about the "flipping" of the sold-out condo residential units at ROTJ. It's kinda depressing in a way because it means that a lot of units were purchased on speculation and are unoccupied. The end result is that not as many people as we had hoped are living in this particular downtown complex. Only 60 units of the 122 total are lived in, though after flipping a couple of times, I suppose more move-ins will occur. All original purchasers, who have sold, made money.

I believe Vistas has devised a plan to somewhat thwart the "flipping" practice.

The article said that some of them have only been flipped once. Other's aren't finished yet, which would also explain why not as many people are living there, yet.

I know that someone bought one as a corporate condo for when (I think) big wigs from Hollywood are out here doing film work. It's totally furnished.

I have full confidence in ROTJ's success. Daniel does as well, otherwise they wouldn't have started work on Vistas.

• 4 weeks later...

I know burt I've been really anxious to know myself its really making me want to say hurry the heck up and announce the tenants. I really hope we find out this week if not i'm gonna have a meltdown. Same with centennial I want to know more before I have a meltdown. Somebody HURRY THE HECK UP I'M HAVING A MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I know burt I've been really anxious to know myself its really making me want to say hurry the heck up and announce the tenants. I really hope we find out this week if not i'm gonna have a meltdown. Same with centennial I want to know more before I have a meltdown. Somebody HURRY THE HECK UP I'M HAVING A MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Don't melt down, Joey. The older you get, the more you will realize that things you hope for fall apart or take a helluva lot longer than you think. Keep in mind us old guys who don't have too much time left. I would love to see Centennial build a 50-story tower, and for Bowtie to announce a huge development at 3rd and Main, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the World. You have many good productive years ahead of you, so keep your spirits up!

What's going into the Power Plant?

Don't melt down, Joey. The older you get, the more you will realize that things you hope for fall apart or take a helluva lot longer than you think. Keep in mind us old guys who don't have too much time left. I would love to see Centennial build a 50-story tower, and for Bowtie to announce a huge development at 3rd and Main, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the World. You have many good productive years ahead of you, so keep your spirits up!

What's going into the Power Plant?

it appears we're all going to have to wait a bit longer. tenants of the condo were told recently an announcement wouldn't be made until "1st quarter".

Yea its not exactly what I wanted to hear but I hope its worth the wait I'm really anxious to know all these tenants.

I really don't think that Cordish has a clue who they might be able to get into that space! We know who they want to go into that space, but deep down, I have a feeling that they don't even have anyone on the horizon to go into the power plant. What ever happened to Coyote Ugly?...I bet that will never happen either! All we get from them is blah, blah, blah, blah! They're going to short change us just like they short changed the residential tower of a reasonable roofline! I'm frustrated with Cordish already! Cordish is crap!

Well to be fair... Daniel altered the residential tower roofline. It's not bad at all in person, though it could have been taller.

Cordish said that they were currently in negotiations with several potential tenants. We'll just have to be patient. Besides, the tenants wouldn't even open till next summer.

00spider... Welcome to the Richmond forum! I'd bet that you're a Uof R alumnus... good school. My uncle went there. Feel free to contribute any time! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

talked to the owned of the McAllister's deli (by the way, it was a nice place with good food and service!)... he said hopefully they'll announce it in January. Daniel/Cordish won't even tell him who they are signing leases with. He said business has been okay, but expected it to be better than it has been. Very nice guy and I hope he sticks in there till more things along the canal open!

I got some view from the parking deck. No security? Anyway, if the sun wasn't low in the southern sky, the pictures would have turned out better. But it is quiet there. Will it be a bustling area?

I got some view from the parking deck. No security? Anyway, if the sun wasn't low in the southern sky, the pictures would have turned out better. But it is quiet there. Will it be a bustling area?

I wish te Canal Authority would allow access to kyackers and boaters on the old Haxall Mill Trace. It would liven up the area somewhat. :)

The Haxall is too small for a lot of traffic, but it would be nice. I still want to see new locks connect it to the bed south of Ethyl and open the canal from Tuckahoe Island to downtown to public use. I don't know about where it passs the water treatment plant. Does that one stink too?

The Haxall is too small for a lot of traffic, but it would be nice. I still want to see new locks connect it to the bed south of Ethyl and open the canal from Tuckahoe Island to downtown to public use. I don't know about where it passs the water treatment plant. Does that one stink too?

You don't think Windsor Farms would put up with a stench, do you? :lol: . No, I think only whiffs of chlorine waft thru that well-heeled part of the woods.

I've heard in past years that Ethyl wants no part of the canal to be developed on its property.

And look elsewhere in this forum (Richmond Canal Walk on page 2 of the menu) for coupe's and my grandiose plan to connect Haxal and Kanawa.

Archived