Tim3167

The Plaza

nice shots tim

I'm amazed at how much space this thing eats up... almost like it engulfs an entire city block! it's going to be massive once it's done... really cool

To me, it just look like kind of small to house 12 screens theaters in there. Unless it has many stories like time square.

Here is the layout of the theatres. All appear to be on one floor. It is hard to imagine them in that space. I wonder if they will have stadium style seating or not.

theatre9tv.jpg

it best have stadium seating if they want to compete with citywalk or PI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or even the West Oaks Mall for that matter. :D

I would imagine this theatre would go vertical to cram all the screens into a tight space. The Ocean Walk development in Daytona Beach has a 10 screen theatre (with stadium seats) situated on a fairly small piece of land. The theatre lobby is on the second floor of this development, while the screens are located on the third and fourth floors. Here's a link with a picture that sort of shows what I mean:

http://www.oceanwalkshoppes.com

Good news, after a long hiatus the webcam is finally up and running. Construction is coming along, the 3rd floor is almost complete. :)

Great thread.  I fully expect this theater to have stadium seating.  If you look closely at the plan, you can see the aisles for stadium seating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work in the Copper Wopper and have been watching the construction on The Plaza from day one. There is no doubt that it will have stadium seating - the space where the theaters will go has been topped off and the ceilings are at least 30 feet high...

Good news, after a long hiatus the webcam is finally up and running.  Construction is coming along, the 3rd floor is almost complete.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is about time becuase I need something to do at work!

Yes, and then the big shadows will return to that portion of Orange Ave. Does anyone know if they are on or behind schedule at the Plaza? It does seem like they have a substantial amount of work to go in order to be open by next fall.

If they finish 3 floors per month, Solaire should be topped off by New Year's, leaving 9 whole months to work on the facade and interior. That seems feasible to me.

I think construction will pick up the pace once they three buildings get above the height of the pool level. That is, with less floor area to construct, each tower will be able to rise more quickly rather than having to finish one floor with a footpring the size of a city block before moving on to the next.

This seems like it will be a very interesting project. Is this some type of downtown Mall?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Condo highrise. Two commercial towers.

BTW, I think this is going slowly for a simple reason. They are builing three high rises at one.

Condo highrise.  Two commercial towers.

BTW,  I think this is going slowly for a simple reason. They are builing three high rises at one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but three cranes.