The Plaza

Tim3167

I would imagine this theatre would go vertical to cram all the screens into a tight space. The Ocean Walk development in Daytona Beach has a 10 screen theatre (with stadium seats) situated on a fairly small piece of land. The theatre lobby is on the second floor of this development, while the screens are located on the third and fourth floors. Here's a link with a picture that sort of shows what I mean:

http://www.oceanwalkshoppes.com

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread.  I fully expect this theater to have stadium seating.  If you look closely at the plan, you can see the aisles for stadium seating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work in the Copper Wopper and have been watching the construction on The Plaza from day one. There is no doubt that it will have stadium seating - the space where the theaters will go has been topped off and the ceilings are at least 30 feet high...

• 4 weeks later...

If they finish 3 floors per month, Solaire should be topped off by New Year's, leaving 9 whole months to work on the facade and interior. That seems feasible to me.

I think construction will pick up the pace once they three buildings get above the height of the pool level. That is, with less floor area to construct, each tower will be able to rise more quickly rather than having to finish one floor with a footpring the size of a city block before moving on to the next.