The Plaza

Tim3167

Have any commitments been announced for retail establishments yet, that anybody has heard?  Just curious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judging by the groundlevel floorplan on the website it appears the restaraunts will be fairly large. For a restaraunt that size, it would seem that only major corporate chain style restaraunts could handle that type of volume. If that's the case I wouldn't mind having a Legal Seafood, McCormick & Schmicks, Vinny T's or Cheesecake factory downtown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice update.

The slow pace of The Plaza's construction got me thinking about when we can expect this thing to be topped off. So I did some quick calculations, using what seems to be the current rate of one floor being completed roughly every two weeks.

At this rate, we can expect:

-Plaza South Tower to be topped off on November 12, 2005

-Solaire to reach the 20-story milestone on January 7, 2006

-Plaza North Tower to be topped off on January 21, 2006

-Solaire to be topped off on May 27, 2006

Of course this is purely theory based off of extremely rough estimates and does not take into account possible delays due to weather, holidays, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

i think this is the only building being built in downtown on schedule....i think they are doing a great job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They work on it constantly. I see the crane moving very early in the morning around into the later evening. They do take Sunday off - though I have seen contractors working occasionaly on Sunday.

This is going to totally change the whole Orange Ave area - I just hope they're putting a nice (large) resturant in there - ala Cheesecake Factory or something like that. Can't wait!

Yeah, they seem to be doing a great job of working around the clock. I've seen construction going on near midnight on weeknights and at 2am on Saturday nights.

EDIT: I was out last night and saw construction taking place at 2am-- on a Sunday night!

Edited by bic

• 4 weeks later...