The Plaza

Tim3167

It's a shame that 'Lettuce Entertain You' doesn't do a downtown food court. Anyone familiar with 'Food Life' in Watertower Place in Chicago?

http://www.leye.com/restaurants/rest_home.jsp?id=10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's also nearly identical to Marche in Boston's Prudential Building, which, oddly enough, is not under the same ownership as Food Life.

14653_2.jpg

Edited by bic

Maybe the food court is waiting for Plaza to finish.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was out on Church Street last night and noticed that the office space where the new food court is supposed to go into (I think it was a former bank office) looks like it recently started its interior demolition. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

i saw a ad in the paper today on a realtors page in the friday home section....it says they are now doing resales in the solaire.....and assigning contracts....i thought this was not allowed according to contract....is this true?....nyone know?.....hey i dont care if some pesty investor makes a ton of money off me but id rather pay the price and be in the solaire at the plaza than pay the same to be in the paramount or tradition or even the vue

i saw a ad in the paper today on a realtors page in the friday home section....it says they are now doing resales in the solaire.....and assigning contracts....i thought this was not allowed according to contract....is this true?....nyone know?.....hey i dont care if some pesty investor makes a ton of money off me but id rather pay the price and be in the solaire at the plaza than pay the same to be in the paramount or tradition or even the vue

I saw the add too. I just don't see an investor making a ton of money on this. The units are small and the maintenance fee is extremely high. Most of the units are one bedrooms. There is only so much people will spend for a one bedroom in Orlando. Also, I can't imagine spinning around in an 11 story parking garage with the movie theaters letting out.

I like this project a lot, but I would not want to live there.

i spoke to a foreman at the site who told me the tallest of the cranes was going to be raised to 550'.

B&G is subcontracting the Solaire work to another company. That's the crane he was talking about. personally, I don't believe that. that's 200+' taller than the tower.

As far as the crane is concerned, that doesn't sound right. I'll try to find out the exact height. About 85% of the job is subcontracted through subs, thats pretty normal. B&G is self performing the concrete work on the whole job however.

well, I spoke to one of the architects yesterday who told me 550' takes 100' of the sea level deal into account.

FYI, all of the billboards and the website 3D renderings have the old renderings of the North and South Towers. They're shorter than whats actually being built-- by alot.

Does this mean it's officially 450 ft. ? A new tallest ?

well, I spoke to one of the architects yesterday who told me 550' takes 100' of the sea level deal into account.

FYI, all of the billboards and the website 3D renderings have the old renderings of the North and South Towers. They're shorter than whats actually being built-- by alot.

The Solaire tower crane will top out around 380'-390'. The site is 98'3" above sea level.