The Plaza

Tim3167

With all that natural light do you really need lighting?

1) we have this thing called night :rolleyes:

2) for the amount of money I spent, I think they could have chosen better looking light fixtures, including putting light fixtures/fans in the bedrooms and living room which had none.

Btw, some of those penthouse windows look like they would be a b*tch to reach to clean.

Anyone else have scratches on their windows? They're not willing to do anything about it since I didnt catch them during my walkthrough. My punch list had like 75 items as it was including cracked counters and mirror which I guess they thought I wouldnt notice. Also, the noise from Wallstreet comes right through my balcony door which had no weatherstripping at all. They agreed to install it.

Anyone else have scratches on their windows? They're not willing to do anything about it since I didnt catch them during my walkthrough. My punch list had like 75 items as it was including cracked counters and mirror which I guess they thought I wouldnt notice. Also, the noise from Wallstreet comes right through my balcony door which had no weatherstripping at all. They agreed to install it.

I agree with the lighting.. I'm still looking for something decent in the bedroom. It sucks at night, I'm having to use the bathroom light to see..

I also have a few scratches on my windows plus paint from the building on the outside. The frames are scratched up as well. There is a faint line of some kind of clear overspray on the bottom of the inside of the the windows. Does anyone else have that? I put in a warranty request for the windows and excessive noise. They said most of my issues were not warrantable. :rolleyes:

This might be abit off topic and seem like a rant.. :scared:

But I'd like everyone to know that the parking garage in the Plaza is not secure, including the resident area. With all of the security in the Solaire, my locked bicycle was stolen from the bike rack on the 7th floor over the holidays when the gate was not working and stuck open. The day after I reported it to management the gate was fixed. Go figure.

I agree with the lighting.. I'm still looking for something decent in the bedroom. It sucks at night, I'm having to use the bathroom light to see..

I also have a few scratches on my windows plus paint from the building on the outside. The frames are scratched up as well. There is a faint line of some kind of clear overspray on the bottom of the inside of the the windows. Does anyone else have that? I put in a warranty request for the windows and excessive noise. They said most of my issues were not warrantable. :rolleyes:

This might be abit off topic and seem like a rant.. :scared:

But I'd like everyone to know that the parking garage in the Plaza is not secure, including the resident area. With all of the security in the Solaire, my locked bicycle was stolen from the bike rack on the 7th floor over the holidays when the gate was not working and stuck open. The day after I reported it to management the gate was fixed. Go figure.

Most of the noise comes from around the balcony door, which is not weatherstripped and has a single pane window as apposed to double pane everywhere else. I realy think they used doors that were meant for interior use (cheaper) on the balconies. The hindges are already strarting to rust and it doesnt sound like they have any insulation. I complained about the noise coming through the door and lack of weatherstripping and they told me they installed weatherstripping (Im in New York for about a month so I cant tell if it was done or if it helps). Any items on the interior of the unit that you missed during the walk through will not be warranted. That's why you need to do the walk through any new condo with a fine tooth comb.

That's why you need to do the walk through any new condo with a fine tooth comb.

I did my walkthru at the Vue and it took almost 2 hours and we were chastized that it took more than 15 minutes. If they had fixed the obvious, we probably would not have been as detailed--there was no excuse. I agree about the fine tooth comb as there is no going back.

That's why you need to do the walk through any new condo with a fine tooth comb.

I'm renting the unit therefor I didn't actually do the walk through. I've been considering buying a unit at the Solaire and they were nice enough to give me access to the homeowner's web site to make the requests.

The Penthouse pictures are really nice. I like the fact that they have two balconies. With glass on all sides I bet it feels like you are living in the sky. My place feels that way at times, thats why I like it.

Edited by cliffm

kuhn is always in hot water according to the media and then pulls out of it at the end.

A developer that has to use his house as collateral and it's now being foreclosed? Now neither he nor his spokesman is available for comment?

Seems a little shady. Had the RE market turned out differently I imagine he could have made it work, but with the current market conditions....if I had to bet I would short him.

"Sentinel Exclusive"

Cameron Kuhn, key downtown Orlando high-rise towers face foreclosure

Lenders have foreclosed on several properties owned by Orlando developer Cameron Kuhn, including his centerpiece tower project The Plaza, the largest redevelopment in downtown's history.

I saw Kuhn Walking around the Cheyenne Saloon on Church st. today and he didn't seem all the concerned to me. I also saw an electric-hybrid bus (it said it on the side) driving in the Lymmo lane. I guess they where demoing the bus for some Lynx folks.

I saw Kuhn Walking around the Cheyenne Saloon on Church st. today and he didn't seem all the concerned to me. I also saw an electric-hybrid bus (it said it on the side) driving in the Lymmo lane. I guess they where demoing the bus for some Lynx folks.

I wonder if it's the same type of bus that they used for a short period a few years ago. It used to run on EW on Central, but didn't last very long.