The Plaza

Tim3167

There's already a Yum Yum Asia Cafe in Altamonte, so this will be their second location. Anyone been to give us an idea of what to expect. http://www.yumyumasiacafe.com/www/Location.cfm

Too bad it's not going to be a Pei Wei, but hey... it's a start! I would be game for a Tahitan Noni Cafe and a California Pizza Kitchen ASAP.

Any franchisiers out there?!

Someone please explain the Christmas tree thing. I noticed that the Tennyson in Tallahassee had an ornament-less Christmas tree on its roof (at the completion of the skeleton of the building) during mid-summer. Since this was 6 months or so from Christmas I figured it wasn't to celebrate Christmas at all. So what's the deal?

Is all part of the 'topping out' ceremony/ritual. It has nothing to do with Christmas; it is just coincidence that it now happens to be Christmas time.

Tradition has it that whenever the frame of a large scale project has reached its maximum height [not including antennae, etc.] the iron/steel/concrete workers will place a small evergreen tree [sometimes referred to as a Christmas tree] on the last piece of the structure to go into place, symbolizing the completion of the first major milestone in the project's construction.

excellent photos redstar. I looove the density

can't wait for this one to complete

when is the plaza expected to start opening up tenants?

with this, and eventually PBLT, orlando will seriously be put on the map for urbanity in florida. An exciting time to be following development in o-town!

*completely off topic, I'm in Dubai right now which is why I haven't posted in forever, i'll post pics of the various countries I've visited in a couple months... been deployed on a carrier the last 4 months

Nice update.

The slow pace of The Plaza's construction got me thinking about when we can expect this thing to be topped off. So I did some quick calculations, using what seems to be the current rate of one floor being completed roughly every two weeks.

At this rate, we can expect:

-Plaza South Tower to be topped off on November 12, 2005

-Solaire to reach the 20-story milestone on January 7, 2006

-Plaza North Tower to be topped off on January 21, 2006

-Solaire to be topped off on May 27, 2006

Of course this is purely theory based off of extremely rough estimates and does not take into account possible delays due to weather, holidays, etc.

bic, can you re-estimate based on the current progress?