The Plaza

Tim3167

Very, very cool perspective.

The other thing I notice is what a big prime piece of real estate the current orange county admin building sits on. You'd think that insteead of being part of the Performing Arts center scenario, they could pull a land swap/development deal to build a new facility.

Very, very cool perspective.

The other thing I notice is what a big prime piece of real estate the current orange county admin building sits on. You'd think that insteead of being part of the Performing Arts center scenario, they could pull a land swap/development deal to build a new facility.

You mean the Records building at South and Rosland?

Is all part of the 'topping out' ceremony/ritual. It has nothing to do with Christmas; it is just coincidence that it now happens to be Christmas time.

Tradition has it that whenever the frame of a large scale project has reached its maximum height [not including antennae, etc.] the iron/steel/concrete workers will place a small evergreen tree [sometimes referred to as a Christmas tree] on the last piece of the structure to go into place, symbolizing the completion of the first major milestone in the project's construction.

Thanks Camillo. I learn somthing new everyday.

After looking at these pictures I'd love to see a proposal like 205 E. Central put in where the former H&R Block glass building (with the ? sign) is across from the History park....It would really fit in good there...I remember hearing a while back the guy who bought that lot had long term goals of putting a condo tower in there...

What makes you say that?

I wasn't actually sure about the North Tower being topped off until I looked carefully at the picture that I took from I-4. You can see that some of the support columns on the top floor don't match up with those below because they are continuing the curvature of the building a bit further to create the building's crown as seen in the rendering below:

plaza3_1_-849x563.jpg

Furthermore, if you count the number of floors in Tim's picture, you should now come up with 16--the final floor count--if you count the extra high theatre level as two floors (which probably contains two levels of garage parking).

Ha! Tim. that is so weird. I saw you take that snapshot above the other day of Plaza North Tower at Pine & Orange when I was at the light at Pine and Orange heading east. I knew it must have been a UP forumer. You were in a white long sleeve shirt and dress slacks. Am I right or am I right?

I was actually down in Orlando for new year's and got my first glimpse of the Plaza and how massive it is since it was only a few floors last time I saw it. Now that I have seen Kuhn's power and effort and work that will do miracles, I can only be extremely excited for what he will do and is already doing for jacksonville.

BTW, I did not realize that the Church Street Station was that brick building being torn down for 55 West, can anyone explain that situation to me so I am no longer confused as to why some condo building is destroying the one entertainment venue in downtown o-town that I have heard and seems to draw crowds (or did)?