The Plaza

Tim3167

Are they planning on having that opened up as a street/breezeway again or is it just for parking?

I'm assuming you could drive clear thru it when done to Church St. Whether the City intends it to be used as a cut thru instead of just for parking is a different story.

Point by point.

First, I disagree with your interpretation of what a "narrow" vs. "wide angle" view is. You're saying that the inclusion of all the theme parks and outlying areas with Orlando proper is a "wide angle" view. What I meant by "wide angle view" was not in a physical or geographical sense, but taking an overall view of what the urban core of Orlando has to offer and realizing that it just doesn't have the kinds of amenities that true "international cities" posess, with or without the theme parks and tourist areas. You, on the other hand, just keep implying that the theme parks and tourist areas bring "i.c." status to Orlando, and you really don't offer much if anything more. That is a narrow point of view.

Second, when I said I never got nasty with anyone, I wasn't implying that you did. I don't consider your saying that I have an ego problem, or that I was acting childish as getting nasty. I think you're as wrong about that as you are about the aforementioned topic, but I don't consider it being nasty. I was only talking about the tone of my own posts, and wasn't making any tacit reference(s) to you or anyone else. Although it could have applied to orlandonative who kind of went over the edge and used some profanity and screamed some stuff, but I really wasn't thinking of him when I said that either.

Third, you're right. I do have every right to criticize the Solaire, as well as the City of Orlando as a whole, or anything else as long as it's on topic. And as far as the tone of those comments go, as long as I'm not personally insulting another member, I also reserve the right to be sarcastic. If you want to call what is basically a little smart alecky-ness on my part regarding some buildings "inflammatory", then I'm not the one being childish. Pot - kettle - black. And re: "playing victim", I was just trying to explain my side. If you want to call it playing victim, then I could make the same argument regarding you and the way you've been going on about my remarks.

Now is the time to let this rest in peace. You've had your say, I've had mine. But I will tell you this... as long as you keep bringing it up, I will keep responding to it. I don't care if we're still going on and on about it next year. So let's just drop it or be prepared for a long drawn out conflict that will cost billions of dollars and affect countless lives for decades to come. (well, ok that last part was a bit of an exaggeration...)

I...thought...this...was...a...dead..issue!!! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

So I absolutely love this project. I am amazed at how fast it has come up. I bought at the Paramount on Lake Eola which is currenly under development, but everytime I walk by The Plaza and think how Solaire may have been a better value I start to second guess myself. From my understanding the 1 bdrms started at 170 is this correct? Great Great value IMHO. Congrats..