The Plaza

Tim3167

Hello again. For those that will be able to enjoy the amenities of Solaire, this place is ganna be awesome. Basking in the florida sun on the tenth floor. Baaalin!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/awi...nities-deck.jpg

(got this pic, hope it posts) :shades:

Alright now. Although it's nice I would personally hesitate to describe much having to do with The Solaire as "baaalin."

Hola,

Personally I think people might be more attracted to the Lake Eola area, both for the view, the park, and it's a little quiter over there on the weekend nights. Plus, like someone said, that's where the grocery store is going also :thumbsup:

Living next to one now, I can't overemphasize how convenient it is.

Good point. I think the Central Blvd corridor is probably best location for residential. (ok, I admit I'm biased since I am at the Waverly). But I think centered between Orange Ave and Thorton Park is the best location, not to mention the Publix next door, and the view of Lake Eola and park access of course. I think noise may be a problem at Solaire and definatley 55 West. On weekends the noise (and traffic) reach in front of the Waverly, so I can only imagine how it will be around there. But there is definately something to be said for being in the middle of the excitement and action, but I dont think I would trade being able to walk a few blocks away from the excitement to go home to a bit quieter area at the end of the night.

Edited by pip

great shots. yeah... you know, Solaire was the first to reach it's height since OC Cthse did in '97. so, it's special for doing that. It gave DT 4 bldgs. at least 357' or taller. Now, it's the 5th tallest b/c of Vue. And once 55W and Dynetech top off, it will be the 7th tallest. It's a beautiful thing.

Good point. I think the Central Blvd corridor is probably best location for residential. (ok, I admit I'm biased since I am at the Waverly). But I think centered between Orange Ave and Thorton Park is the best location, not to mention the Publix next door, and the view of Lake Eola and park access of course. I think noise may be a problem at Solaire and definatley 55 West. On weekends the noise (and traffic) reach in front of the Waverly, so I can only imagine how it will be around there. But there is definately something to be said for being in the middle of the excitement and action, but I dont think I would trade being able to walk a few blocks away from the excitement to go home to a bit quieter area at the end of the night.

Noise is just part of urban living. You'll get used to it. In fact it kind of creeps me out when I visit my family in small towns down south and its so silent.

Noise is just part of urban living. You'll get used to it. In fact it kind of creeps me out when I visit my family in small towns down south and its so silent.

For those of us who live on the east side of The Waverly with a view of construction of The Paramount, we would welcome the sound of crickets. They start construction before the crack of dawn, and it's constant until about 4 or 5pm. Once The Paramount is done, though, E. Central will have a better feel than living on Orange Ave. The whole area is high-rise residential with single-family homes mixed in. It feels more like a neighborhood than Orange/Church St. does.

MRH3, what part of NY are you in? I used to live near Columbia on the downhill side of Amsterdam near Riverside Church. The sound of garbage trucks hitting potholes as they sped down that street used to lull me to sleep. Or how about the cops who must have been frustrated DJs because they would sound their sirens with short blips like they were scratching. Good times. ;)

Edited by palmtree73

I would love to know where these rumors start. I said it before and I'll say it again, I will buy any unit that anyone wants to back out of. Units are listed at about 40% over pre-construction prices at solairecondosforsale.com.

FrigginGr8est, I know somone who might be able to get you a unit at solaire... he did for me and I'm incredibly greatful. I thought after it sold out in less than a week that I'd never get to live there, but I got lucky. So contact me if you are interested.

Oh there's always noise here on Central, definitely not NYC caliber, but street noise, train noise, etc.. that after 5 years I'm used to, and actually depend on, like you said, silence feels a bit creepy, hard to sleep to. But Orange ave noise, that extends down Central on weekends, steps it up a bit. the after 2am drunken screaming, cars screeching, yelling.. and thats here by the Waverly (ok, and admittedly probably caused by most of my guests :P ). But still, it will be more intense at Solaire and 55W.

I guess it all depends on what type of city noise your comfortable with, even in NYC, I've experienced your basic big city noise, traffic, horns, trains, etc.. in some parts, and then again hearing transvestite prostitutes argue outside my window in the East Village. :rolleyes:

Edited by pip

The Orlando Sentinel has a video fly-through of the Stirling Southby's office at the top of the shorter tower at The Plaza. This place makes my office look like a dump. Wait, my office is a dump. I don't know how long it is going to be there, but there is a direct link from the front page right now.

Sentinel

The Orlando Sentinel has a video fly-through of the Stirling Southby's office at the top of the shorter tower at The Plaza. This place makes my office look like a dump. Wait, my office is a dump. I don't know how long it is going to be there, but there is a direct link from the front page right now.

Sentinel

The new Stirling office is incredible. It's a shame people have to work in such an enviroment. The Plaza is making one helluva impact on the city. Let's keep building Orlando!

Sentinel

here's a more direct link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,1982150.story

I know what you mean. SOme of the people I was with felt the same way. That the units now are overpriced. But it is the location you pay for.

you gotta see the inside of the units. real nice. even the hallways. the penthouses are huge. the only downside to Solaire, aside from the bad architecture, is that the cheap-ass owners or whomever won't paint the balconies and they look like shiit from below. They must be taking a page out of the Kuhn manual of how to take a nice project and then cheapen it.