The Plaza

Tim3167

you gotta see the inside of the units. real nice. even the hallways. the penthouses are huge. the only downside to Solaire, aside from the bad architecture, is that the cheap-ass owners or whomever won't paint the balconies and they look like shiit from below. They must be taking a page out of the Kuhn manual of how to take a nice project and then cheapen it.

Not only do they not paint the balconies but inside the units they don't paint/finish the ceilings. They are exposed concrete, along with the concrete supports inside the units which are also not painted. Looks cheap. I am dissapointed in the overall quality of my unit. The common areas especially the pool deck are very nice however.

I think the blame belongs firmly in the hands of BBArch. Back when Soliare was in desin, the issue was discussed, and the general concensus was to leave the exposed concrete finished look. Right or wrong, the tower was initially designed nearly three years ago, at a time when this was thought of to be a great idea and everyone was doing it.

I took a walk around the building last night - one question - one concern!!! Where are the restaurants going besides the Italian restaurant - Bola? - on the NW corner and Urban Flats on the SW corner --- are the rest of the restaurants promised going to be on the second floor???

Also, saw a sign at the entrance to the parking garage - "Parking - $10 Dollars - All Night" - I am not sure any of us are ready to pay $10 to park there - I sure hope the restaurants and movie theater will be validating - otherwise Urban Flats in Winter Park works and so does the theater at Fashion Square - both with free parking ;)

That exposed concrete look is really big in all the new midtown Atlanta condos. I looked at 4 new buildings and they all looked the same. Personally, I don't care for it but you can certainly work with it and make it look great.

Originally Eola South (where I live) was going to do that. They ended up not doing it but leaving some of the concrete columns exposed. I went and painted them a very dark brown. It looks great! :)

For those of us who live on the east side of The Waverly with a view of construction of The Paramount, we would welcome the sound of crickets. They start construction before the crack of dawn, and it's constant until about 4 or 5pm. Once The Paramount is done, though, E. Central will have a better feel than living on Orange Ave. The whole area is high-rise residential with single-family homes mixed in. It feels more like a neighborhood than Orange/Church St. does.

MRH3, what part of NY are you in? I used to live near Columbia on the downhill side of Amsterdam near Riverside Church. The sound of garbage trucks hitting potholes as they sped down that street used to lull me to sleep. Or how about the cops who must have been frustrated DJs because they would sound their sirens with short blips like they were scratching. Good times. ;)

I'm uptown in Hamilton Heights. 139th and Amsterdam. I know your old intersection very well. I was at Sip last night.

Edited by mrh3

I'm uptown in Hamilton Heights. 139th and Amsterdam. I know your old intersection very well. I was at Sip last night.

I know that place I think. Is it directly across from a building that looks like the Ministry of Information from the movie Brazil? They have a small lounge in the back with some circle chairs, bathroom is down a little?

im on the 15th floor....what floor are you guys all on and when are you all closing and moving in?

I'm on the 22nd floor (SE view) and my brother is on the 25th floor (SW view)....I had to scratch a claw to get information out of Solaire to get an idea of when our walk through would be. I was told that my walk through will be around Feb. 26th with a mid March closing date.

I would love to see pictures....especially of the 2/2's and the 10th floor gym, etc.

So if the ceilings have a "plywood" texture, i'm guessing you are seeing the impression in the concrete from the plywood forms. Probably should spray some drop-down texture on it before painting (probably good idea to do that before moving in!) :rolleyes: