The Plaza

Tim3167

Is that black granite counter top or caesar stone? Not crazy about the cabinet handles. The cabinet looks great and the master bath looks huge. The view is killing.

Congra on people moving in. We expect you guys to snap views of downtown on your balcony periodically and share them with us. lol

In the one picture of the kitchen, it looks like there is space for a refrigerator. If that is so, it looks like it would be really close to a door that is opened. A little tight. If the refrigerator goes somewhere else, then this whole point is moot.

The elevator bay areas leave much to be desired, although, they don't look finished either.

Living room area looks spacious and the vantage point from up there is worth every penny.

16 stack, facing NW. I would guess the 15 stack faces NE (the master in xx15 looks over Lake Eola, not SunTrust as xx16 does).

Also for whoever has 2815... the windows in the master bedroom are floor to ceiling... the rest of the 15 and 16 stack have traditional windows in the bedroom.

The hole in the kitchen is for the stove. The door in reference goes into the laundry room... so if you do laundry while someone else is cooking there might be some bumping in eachother's way.

All of the counter tops are granite. Black in the kitchen and stone-ish in the bathrooms. Even floors have dark cherry cabinets, even floors have light cabinets.

Edited by kineticflow

what do you all think about that stack's code-mandated exposed sprinkler system and all the units' exposed concrete ceilings? great plywood texture finish.

I havent seen either in a "finsihed" condo so I dont know yet. The sprinkler system was just bare metal when I was there, I do hope it at least gets painted, if not I am sure both can be changed down the road.

Compared to the "front" of the Plaza, the Solaire lighting is less than dramatic. I took a pic last night, but I didn't dig out my tripod, so it's a little blurry and from a northern view that really leaves something to be desired.

the solaire's lighting is too bright compared to the N and S bldgs. they are like the same candle power as 55W's crane lights. THey should have lit up the crest more; wider as well... I mean really lit it up-- maybe add a white neon strip in that gap in the crest from N to S. to kind of get the Sanctuary's crest effect-- white solid light.

I must admit though, it does look like it's alive now...

Edited by JRS1

the solaire's lighting is too bright compared to the N and S bldgs. they are like the same candle power as 55W's crane lights. THey should have lit up the crest more; wider as well... I mean really lit it up-- maybe add a white neon strip in that gap in the crest from N to S. to kind of get the Sanctuary's crest effect-- white solid light.

I must admit though, it does look like it's alive now...

I agree. Also, these buildings need to get on-board and do some seasonal lighting schemes like The Waverly! (I'm sure some of you on here probably dont care for it, but I think its a nice touch we do.. i'm sure you can guess the color this month.)

Edited by pip

I agree. Also, these buildings need to get on-board and do some seasonal lighting schemes like The Waverly! (I'm sure some of you on here probably dont care for it, but I think its a nice touch we do.. i'm sure you can guess the color this month.)

isn't it red? i would say black, but i don't how to make that a light.

Themed lighting is a fun/quirky touch in moderation. The Empire State Building pulls it off best, but only because it's something unique in the skyline. I think we're better off with it not becoming the norm...at that point, it's tacky.

Hey everyone, I am new to the site and just wanted to say hi and share some pictures from my unit at the Solaire. It's on the 13th floor facing East. The unit is finished except for some minor details. Hope you guys like it and I hope I posted the pictures correctly!!

What floorplan is this? Thanks.