The Plaza

Tim3167

I did my walk through last Friday. Many problems with my unit. The granit counters in the kitchen were chipped. Due to changes by the city, they had to install sprinkler heads right next to the floor to ceiling windows in the living room and you are not allowed to install curtains because they will block the sprinkler heads. Many doors are not installed properly with huge gaps on the bottom of the front door and terrace door. Also, there is writing on the concrete ceiling which is in the concrete and they are saying they will not not do anything about it. I did not pay almost $400K to have graffiti on my ceilings.

I did my walk through last Friday. Many problems with my unit. The granit counters in the kitchen were chipped. Due to changes by the city, they had to install sprinkler heads right next to the floor to ceiling windows in the living room and you are not allowed to install curtains because they will block the sprinkler heads. Many doors are not installed properly with huge gaps on the bottom of the front door and terrace door. Also, there is writing on the concrete ceiling which is in the concrete and they are saying they will not not do anything about it. I did not pay almost $400K to have graffiti on my ceilings.

That inspires confidence. Let's hope your unit is the exception and not the rule. Pretty lame putting sprinkler heads right in front of the windows, but it figures. Just when I was hoping to put in some fancy electric shades :shades: , this complicates things.

That inspires confidence. Let's hope your unit is the exception and not the rule. Pretty lame putting sprinkler heads right in front of the windows, but it figures. Just when I was hoping to put in some fancy electric shades :shades: , this complicates things.

When the installer comes out to measure and everything and he says, "Hey, this is too close to the sprinklers," introduce him to Mr. Franklin.

Since there are not drop celings I assume the sprinklers and pipes are exposed?

Just wait to install curtains until after any inspections, you should be fine....

I had my first walk though on Monday and I was very impressed. Only 2 minor issues with my unit: a small crack in the grout in the bathroom and an unfinished molding-corner piece where the hardwood floors meet the carpet. After only being able to look at a floorplan for nearly 2 years now, it was great to actually be inside the place where I'm soon going to live. I'm 26 years old and this is my first purchase so this is a big deal for me. I'm not sure how to post pictures on the board but you can view some I took during my walk through here:

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al...088/t_=83444088

I had my first walk though on Monday and I was very impressed. Only 2 minor issues with my unit: a small crack in the grout in the bathroom and an unfinished molding-corner piece where the hardwood floors meet the carpet. After only being able to look at a floorplan for nearly 2 years now, it was great to actually be inside the place where I'm soon going to live. I'm 26 years old and this is my first purchase so this is a big deal for me. I'm not sure how to post pictures on the board but you can view some I took during my walk through here:

congratulations; nice pictures!

Since there are not drop celings I assume the sprinklers and pipes are exposed?

Just wait to install curtains until after any inspections, you should be fine....

Yes, the ceiling is exposed concrete with the sprinklers also exposed. Due to the sprinkler problem, the developer is now supposed to install shear curtains for all units (so I was told)

Lucky guy! I had 82 items on my punch list! Make sure you check your front door and terrace door for gaps. Mine had almost an inch each on the bottom.

If you look back at some of the postings from a couple of weeks ago there is a realtor website that has many "1BRs" (more like studios to me) for less than 300k.

i called the realtor from that website...that website is mostly BS...she claims those units will go on sale eventually but right now she does not have anything available...then i called the sales center...they said that website is all wrong and said not to believe it.

i called the realtor from that website...that website is mostly BS...she claims those units will go on sale eventually but right now she does not have anything available...then i called the sales center...they said that website is all wrong and said not to believe it.

overnight someone from Olde Town Brokers business carded every car in my garage with cards touting solaire condos for sale or rent. i guess it worked because i'm sitting her posting this. hopefully it will help someone around here realize their american dream and not just fatten a pocketbook!

edit: ugh, it looks like a landing page for the future. ugh! sorry for the spam.

Edited by slapdash09

overnight someone from Olde Town Brokers business carded every car in my garage with cards touting solaire condos for sale or rent. i guess it worked because i'm sitting her posting this. hopefully it will help someone around here realize their american dream and not just fatten a pocketbook!

edit: ugh, it looks like a landing page for the future. ugh! sorry for the spam.

ive called this realtor....when you call her....she says she will have units available soon....but doesnt have those units now because they havent been closed on....there is a open house this weekend over there....im gonna go.

ive called this realtor....when you call her....she says she will have units available soon....but doesnt have those units now because they havent been closed on....there is a open house this weekend over there....im gonna go.

A few weeks ago I posted a note stating that my unit was listed for sale (she listed the unit number which has since been removed off her site. Now it just says the floor and the size) by that agent when in fact I never put it up for sale. As stated before , that list is BS.

The Mrs. and I went to the open house today, and there were quite a few people checking the place out. Our first impression in the lobby was that the glass tile will soon look dated, but it was nice. The entrance from the parking garage seemed dim, too, but that could change. The developer gave the broker from Olde Town full access to all units on the 14th floor, and a group of about 10 of us were led on a tour.

I wish I had taken pics because the view to Eola was really nice on the northeast end unit, but we all know it won't last. The brokers tried to talk around the issue of Tradition Towers and directed everyone's attention to the city view and the bandshell. One of the brokers intially tried to point on the map that TT was going in Embassy Suites' parking lot. I feel sorry for the uninformed buyer. The finishes in the kitchen and bathrooms were nice, but a couple of people had issues with the ceiling being left raw. We checked out a "one bedroom" that in my thinking is really a glorified studio. The partition wall went up 3/4 the way to the ceiling so it would get some light since there are no windows in the bedroom. Another 1BR with a partition was laid out so there was a window, but the water heater and air handler (read: noise) were in a closet adjacent to where the bed would be.

The amenity area was top notch. There were three computers set up, a Playstation and an Xbox hooked up to a flat screen, a large bar area with kitchen, and another home theater setup. The pool and gym were typical. Everything was accessed by fingerprint, which may be technology overkill since the agent had problems getting in.

Overall, I was impressed and would have bought a unit on the first round a couple of years ago. With 2BRs going for $499k and condo fees at $.41/sf now, I'm reluctant to take that leap. At the Waverly and Paramount, you have the best of both the vibrancy of downtown and the neighborhood feel of Thornton Park. For those about to move in to Solaire, welcome to the hood. We'll be bumping shopping carts at the Publix soon. :thumbsup:

Edited by palmtree73