The Plaza

Tim3167

Orlando is definitely way above a dozen feet above sea level. Downtown Orlando ranged from about 105 feet to down near 90 feet around Lake Eola. The far east side of Orlando (past 417) drops down to about 35 feet before hitting the wet lands, whereas the west side along the Butler Chain of Lakes varies from about 80 feet to 150 feet. My home in Dr. Phillips is about 125 feet above sea level. I believe MCO is 110 feet ASL.

So we do have a few (3) buildings over 500 feet (altitude) at least over sea level not street level. :rofl::thumbsup: Also, i haven't quite heard what is going to replace Scruffy Murphys Irish Pub, Corner Bar, Alpha Bar, Grotto, and the old Have a Nice Day Cafe ay NW Corner of Orange and Washington....rumor has it a bank with drive thru and some retail. Rumor also has it that they will build a foundation in the base to build a high rise over it. Its not much but i am fishing for more info. If you have ever drank at Scruffy's and liked its character you have 16 days left to do it. Closes officially October 15,2005 opened in 1993. Wrecking ball to follow shortly thereafter and they don't have to save the facades. :(

Edited by firemick

Firemick,

^You are corrct. Also all 3 towers will be taller then Signature Plaza (207 ft) located beside it. The solaire will be the 4th tallest in Orlando at it's completion for a brief time (VUE will bump it down). The Plaza South Tower would be 5th tallest but the Am South Building (292 ft) is 3 ft taller....I just added some updated building heights to orlandoskyscrapers.com....

Of the proposed/approved, which will be the tallest? 55W, Ivanhoe Towers, and Tradition Towers?

It depends on if 55 West comes out with a redesign...I heard on hear before that 55West was going to add 5 stories and come in around 436 ft. But recently I have heard they were not adding floors which would bring it in at 396ft. As far as I know the Ivanhoe are still at 420 ft, but there has been rumors that they were knocked down to 410 ft bt the FAA. If that was the case the Tradition Towers which were originally announced at 415 ft would be the tallest but the case study says they are actually 410ft.

So your guess is as good as mine.....

Firemick,

The Plaza South Tower would be 5th tallest but the Am South Building (292 ft) is 3 ft taller....I just added some updated building heights to orlandoskyscrapers.com....

What is your source for a height on AmSOuth? I've always wondered where this one came in at.

What is your source for a height on AmSOuth? I've always wondered where this one came in at.

I had a gentlemen e-mail orlandoskyscrapers.com who kept old newspaper clippings on many of the developments. Check out the build section of orlandosckyscrapers I have added a few more heights today. He had One Orlando Centre which comes in at 253 ft as well..........

• 2 weeks later...

check my post on the TT thread.

I spoke with Kuhn Himself that night. He is definitely not going to pursue Benchmark. He even asked me why I thought he should pursue it now. I pitched my viewpoints to him. His no.1 focus is to hit towns at the early stages of redevelopment in their CBD's.

I don't think so. But, I was shocked when in conversation, he cut me off to ask me why I thought he should pursue Benchmark. As if to say, that he was still wavering on whether to pursue it but wanted more input. He still owns the land. He even referenced the Presidential Tower- but not by name.

He did say he's got a 6 story condo proposal to go next to Cornerstone or right around the corner. I need to speak with that cat again. But I think he's throwing all his resources right now in the Jax deal.