The Plaza

Tim3167

nybody know how many people live in this building now or is it still a ghost house like the sanctuary?....any solaire residents on this forum?

I think that we have quite a few Solaire residents on here. With regards to closings I don't believe that many residents have even closed on their units. I hope it doesn't turn into a dark box in the sky at night.

I think that we have quite a few Solaire residents on here. With regards to closings I don't believe that many residents have even closed on their units. I hope it doesn't turn into a dark box in the sky at night.

I'm afraid that all may not be well for the Solaire. I had an agent tell me that there is a cap on rentals that has been met, and investors who intended to rent out their units won't be able to. It turns out the fingerprint key system is a good way to keep out renters and subletters. Does that ring true with anyone living in the Solaire?

I'm afraid that all may not be well for the Solaire. I had an agent tell me that there is a cap on rentals that has been met, and investors who intended to rent out their units won't be able to. It turns out the fingerprint key system is a good way to keep out renters and subletters. Does that ring true with anyone living in the Solaire?

An agent from the Solaire, or where?

On a side note -- based on the timestamp of this post, it looks like the server supporting this forum has not been updated to reflect DST.

Edited by Javalady1

An agent from the Solaire, or where?

On a side note -- based on the timestamp of this post, it looks like the server supporting this forum has not been updated to reflect DST.

I wanted to see if I could help clarify some of the questions on Solaire. I have been following UP for awhile. Big Fan! I am a Realtor and business Owner, I sell mostly commercial and do sell residential in Downtown. I sold several units at Solaire and personally closed in the first week of March and moved in several days later.

First off Solaire is awesome and as always the building has some kinks that will get worked out with time. Every unit I sold was to local friends and is primary. There will, as with any building be vacant units but they will fill up with primary owners eventually.

To clarify what is for sale in there, there are still several assignments still available. These are mostly people from Wood Partners who were allowed to buy into the project first and assign their contracts, Wood Partners offers this to some of there employees instead of bonuses. A handful of other people were allowed to assign there units due to personal reasons. I have sold assignments in there personally. There are several resales' that are listed now as well.

As far as the over zealous Realtor who has http://www.solairecondosforsale.com/, she does not have those units listed. At one point my unit was out there for a potential resale. Obviously this is completely ridiculous and holds no validity. If you residents of Solaire are wondering how she how she got your e-mail and contact info, a former Employee of the Condo Store/close personal acquaintance of hers "got" a copy of the sales list before they left. I am never one to talk bad about another fellow business person but I was not happy when I saw my unit on her website. It has since changed and now it just lists the floor plans and floor.

I believe there have been about 12 closings so far. I have been out of town since last Thursday so if they were going as planned then there should be around 12 now. Some of the people I represented are on higher floors and one on the 10th and are not closing until the end of April as of now.

It was so great to watch it grow over the last 24 months. I love living there and will due so for awhile. Like I said earlier the building does have some problems that are getting worked out. If anyone has ever lived in any new high rise you know those problems are expected. Go slow around those 90 degree corners of the garage. Hope this helps!

To clarify what is for sale in there, there are still several assignments still available. These are mostly people from Wood Partners who were allowed to buy into the project first and assign their contracts, Wood Partners offers this to some of there employees instead of bonuses. A handful of other people were allowed to assign there units due to personal reasons. I have sold assignments in there personally. There are several resales' that are listed now as well.

I believe there have been about 12 closings so far. I have been out of town since last Thursday so if they were going as planned then there should be around 12 now. Some of the people I represented are on higher floors and one on the 10th and are not closing until the end of April as of now.

Thanks for the info!

How does one find out about the assignments that are still available? Can you give some examples of reasons why some were given preferential treatment to assign units?

A reliable source told me that only four units had closed so far. I'm sure timing can make that number vary.

Does anyone know what the utilites are for Solaire? I have been trying to get an answer from them and its impossible!!! I am moving to the 26th floor and they are quoting a April 20th closing date.

:shades:

OUC water and electricity. They'll give you the utility info at closing. Don't worry..You have 24 hours after closing to switch it to your name....

I wanted to see if I could help clarify some of the questions on Solaire. I have been following UP for awhile. Big Fan! I am a Realtor and business Owner, I sell mostly commercial and do sell residential in Downtown. I sold several units at Solaire and personally closed in the first week of March and moved in several days later.

First off Solaire is awesome and as always the building has some kinks that will get worked out with time. Every unit I sold was to local friends and is primary. There will, as with any building be vacant units but they will fill up with primary owners eventually.

As far as the over zealous Realtor who has http://www.solairecondosforsale.com/, she does not have those units listed. At one point my unit was out there for a potential resale. Obviously this is completely ridiculous and holds no validity. If you residents of Solaire are wondering how she how she got your e-mail and contact info, a former Employee of the Condo Store/close personal acquaintance of hers "got" a copy of the sales list before they left. I am never one to talk bad about another fellow business person but I was not happy when I saw my unit on her website. It has since changed and now it just lists the floor plans and floor.

It was so great to watch it grow over the last 24 months. I love living there and will due so for awhile. Like I said earlier the building does have some problems that are getting worked out. If anyone has ever lived in any new high rise you know those problems are expected. Go slow around those 90 degree corners of the garage. Hope this helps!

I just closed on my 2/2, 13th floor facing lake eola last friday. Closing was smooth, but the orientation wasn't. They did not have my parking passes and the biometric fingerprint gizmo was down so they couldnt do it. I was told they were having problems getting it to work right. Still having issues with construcion problems including cracked granit in the kitchen. They tried to "fix" it with what looks like black magic marker and I guess they thought I would accept it. They need to tear all the granit out and replace it. An added bonus due to spinkler heads being so close to the windows, the developer is installing shear curtians in the units. If you had to pay for them since they are floor to ceiling, it would cost a few thousand dollars in the 2/2s. They are great in the living room, but are a problem in the second bedroom since they wont block all light if you want to sleep. You cannot install any other curtains due to the sprinklers. Dont know how to get around it. The view from my unit is amazing (until TT gets built)and I wish I had pictures to post but my girlfriend lost my camera right before we flew down for the closing.

I just closed on my 2/2, 13th floor facing lake eola last friday. Closing was smooth, but the orientation wasn't. They did not have my parking passes and the biometric fingerprint gizmo was down so they couldnt do it. I was told they were having problems getting it to work right. Still having issues with construcion problems including cracked granit in the kitchen. They tried to "fix" it with what looks like black magic marker and I guess they thought I would accept it. They need to tear all the granit out and replace it. An added bonus due to spinkler heads being so close to the windows, the developer is installing shear curtians in the units. If you had to pay for them since they are floor to ceiling, it would cost a few thousand dollars in the 2/2s. They are great in the living room, but are a problem in the second bedroom since they wont block all light if you want to sleep. You cannot install any other curtains due to the sprinklers. Dont know how to get around it. The view from my unit is amazing (until TT gets built)and I wish I had pictures to post but my girlfriend lost my camera right before we flew down for the closing.

are you going to be a resident?

Thanks for the info!

How does one find out about the assignments that are still available? Can you give some examples of reasons why some were given preferential treatment to assign units?

A reliable source told me that only four units had closed so far. I'm sure timing can make that number vary.

/quote]

As of last Friday there were 12 closings and today most of them are up for resale on MLS. They are trying to have 3-5 closings a day minimum.

As far as the assignments outside of the Wood Partners Employees it is more of a who you know situation. There were only a few that were allowed to. What information were you looking for on the assignments?

I had some problems with my unit but not as extensive as yours. Wood Partners actually had someone out there last Friday fixing some of the problems I submitted through the home warranty. I agree, the biggest problems are with the bio system and elevators. My Girlfriend also moved in with me and since she is not on the deed she cannot use the bio entrance or get a parking transponder. We were told that they are getting more memory for the biometric system and when they do she can be added. Just a heads up if your Girlfriend was moving in with you. I have a similar east view as you and I love it or atleast for now. Now I am in a love/hate relationship with TT :) Overall I think Solaire is great and am very happy there.

I had some problems with my unit but not as extensive as yours. Wood Partners actually had someone out there last Friday fixing some of the problems I submitted through the home warranty. I agree, the biggest problems are with the bio system and elevators. My Girlfriend also moved in with me and since she is not on the deed she cannot use the bio entrance or get a parking transponder. We were told that they are getting more memory for the biometric system and when they do she can be added. Just a heads up if your Girlfriend was moving in with you. I have a similar east view as you and I love it or atleast for now. Now I am in a love/hate relationship with TT :) Overall I think Solaire is great and am very happy there.

I am also having my girlfriend move in with me but when we did the orientation, nothing was said about her not being able to use the biometric system or the transponder. In fact, the woman doing the orientation tried to set her up in the system, but as I said, it was down. I don't think they can discriminate against someone that is not listed on the deed. Good luck neighbor.

I am also having my girlfriend move in with me but when we did the orientation, nothing was said about her not being able to use the biometric system or the transponder. In fact, the woman doing the orientation tried to set her up in the system, but as I said, it was down. I don't think they can discriminate against someone that is not listed on the deed. Good luck neighbor.

pics, pics, and more pics, please :)

Anyone use the parking lot at the Solaire yet? The enterance and exit are REALLY narrow. There are scuff marks all along the wall from cars hitting it. There is no way a tow truck can tow a car out if need be. Not going to fit. Also, it's going to be a nightmare for the residents to enter/leave when the movie theatre opens and the movies let out or start.

Anyone use the parking lot at the Solaire yet? The enterance and exit are REALLY narrow. There are scuff marks all along the wall from cars hitting it. There is no way a tow truck can tow a car out if need be. Not going to fit. Also, it's going to be a nightmare for the residents to enter/leave when the movie theatre opens and the movies let out or start.

If it's that bad to park there, the movie goers may park somewhere else. :dontknow: