The Plaza

Tim3167

Pine st will be reversed on the 18th of August and Court will be two wayed for all you residents of the Solaire.

Was it going to be two wayed or just turned around. I didn't think it was wide enough to go two ways. They'll need to get cracking on those traffic lights if they want to do it by the 18th.

Was it going to be two wayed or just turned around. I didn't think it was wide enough to go two ways. They'll need to get cracking on those traffic lights if they want to do it by the 18th.

They are doing it all in one night. The parking on Court is going away to make it two way.

The sentinel said that the Plaza is mostly empty. Is it true?

The office part? Judging by my little tour the other day, it looks like a lot of it is still under construction (the middle parts in general I think) and/or empty.

Edited by neon9

The office part? Judging by my little tour the other day, it looks like a lot of it is still under construction (the middle parts in general I think) and/or empty.

As a reference, I was in one of the opening offices of CNL a few years back. Our buildout was about 3 months. They were building out for some of the other tenants up until almost a year (including CNL themselves even though they were occupying some floors).

As a reference, I was in one of the opening offices of CNL a few years back. Our buildout was about 3 months. They were building out for some of the other tenants up until almost a year (including CNL themselves even though they were occupying some floors).

Yeah, my assumption was that they finished the bottom and top (high rent) levels first then worked their way in...

Commercial perhaps?

What's your take on the market O'native? Here in NYC everybody's shvitzing. I just can't seem much more construction coming out of the ground in Florida right now. People are comparing this new cycle to the early 1990's....

I was there today looking at a unit and the film crew was still there.. As far as the Market goes, I think its starting to peak. Look at all of the empty units in the Solaire, it seems alot of the poeple who bought the units do not live there. Heck, I was even at Sotherby's looking at units to buy and even several of the agents bought into the Solaire themselves to rent out. Not that i think its a bad thing to make income, but I don't agree with how much they want v what they paid.. This seems to be the norm around downtown right now. Living there is attractive, how many big cities have a downtown area in its infancy that is so clean and growing like Orlando? For this reason I think the commercial space will remain a premium, but I'm not sure if the residential side of it can sustain. This is just my observation though since I don't know too much about urban planning. I do find it intriguing.

Anybody know anything about a movie being filmed at The Plaza?, my buddy who lives there got home around 6am and there was cameras and trailer all set up. I believe they are gone now.

yeah, there was a film crew on the 11th floor amenities deck between N&S. it was a commercial of sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to be negative about the movie theater, but Seattle has much more of a central (and young) population base than Orlando and many other Southern cities.

Theaters downtown just don't work because most the suburbanites aren't going to drive downtown for a movie.

Atlanta has one near Five Points, but it does aweful. Channelside in Tampa's theater is very similar.

Clearly the whole idea of "restaraunt row" and other areas in the suburbs have established that entertainment means like movie theaters, etc are best put to the outskirts of the city at this point.

Im sorry but Knoxville, Tn has a theater downtown.... and its brand new. If Knoxville can have a new theater downtown... Orlando should be able to pull it off!

regalsign.jpg

15.jpg

10.jpg

Tennessee%20Theater.jpg

Im sorry but Knoxville, Tn has a theater downtown.... and its brand new. If Knoxville can have a new theater downtown... Orlando should be able to pull it off!

Sorry sports fans but Downtown Orlando has a long way to go before it can be compared favorably to a place like Knoxville.

Downtown Knoxville has a navigable river running through it. This brings a lot of commercial and leisure boating traffic to the core.

Downtown Knoxville is home to two colleges [Knoxville and Wesleyan] and a major university [university of Tennessee main campus - 30,000 students].

Downtown Knoxville is home to several major corporations; Regal Theaters, Scripps Networks [HGTV, Food Network, etc.], Bell South, Pilot Petroleum, and the TVA [Tennessee Valley Authority].

Downtown Knoxville has a major historical colonial-era fort/city tourist attraction.

Downtown Knoxville has five or six [can't remember] minor league professional sports teams not to mention Div. IA sports from the University of Tennessee.

A large section of Downtown Knoxville is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The Knoxville Zoo is downtown.

Downtown Knoxville sits at the intersection of about five U.S. Interstate highways.

Old City Knoxville/The Warehouse District puts Church Street Station in its best days to shame.

Etc, etc., etc.

I've been a member of the Citrus Club for a while now and the while the food is excellent and the atmosphere is a good place to do business it

Edited by Camillo Sitte

Sorry sports fans but Downtown Orlando has a long way to go before it can be compared favorably to a place like Knoxville.

Downtown Knoxville has a navigable river running through it. This brings a lot of commercial and leisure boating traffic to the core.

Downtown Knoxville is home to two colleges [Knoxville and Wesleyan] and a major university [university of Tennessee main campus - 30,000 students].

Downtown Knoxville is home to several major corporations; Regal Theaters, Scripps Networks [HGTV, Food Network, etc.], Bell South, Pilot Petroleum, and the TVA [Tennessee Valley Authority].

Downtown Knoxville has a major historical colonial-era fort/city tourist attraction.

Downtown Knoxville has five or six [can't remember] minor league professional sports teams not to mention Div. IA sports from the University of Tennessee.

A large section of Downtown Knoxville is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The Knoxville Zoo is downtown.

Downtown Knoxville sits at the intersection of about five U.S. Interstate highways.

Old City Knoxville/The Warehouse District puts Church Street Station in its best days to shame.

Etc, etc., etc.

I've been a member of the Citrus Club for a while now and the while the food is excellent and the atmosphere is a good place to do business it

Lets face the REAL reality. All Real Estate is depressed AT THE MOMENT ! The national trend is a return to the Urban. Orlando is Orlando; it even boomed during the recession of the 70's. If you "Doom Sayers" would shut up; maybe the fear factor would ease and Real estate would re-bound quicker; including downtown.

People are not buying more from fear than economic fact. Lets be positive;it might work better.

"Most of these new condos are and will remain empty for the near future. Those that are occupied will mostly be used by people driving out to the suburbs to go to work, where their owners will also do their eating, shopping, and playing."

Are you kidding me? I need some of that stuff you're smoking. People are buying condos downtown to drive to the burbs to work? I don't know too many people that do that. Many are moving from the burbs to downtown for the opposite reason. To end the commute from the burbs to their jobs downtown. As for most of the condos remaining empty for the near future, not going to happen. If the condo was bought for investment, you either rent it or lower your price until it sells. Either case results in a new person living downtown. Not too many investors can afford to keep their condos "empty". I can't and may have to take a loss on some sales. That's life. I wasnt crying when prices were going up and Im not going to cry now. Again, my sale(s) will result in another new happy face downtown.