The Plaza

Tim3167

I think I saw the beginnings of some work on the Corona Cigar space today. There were some ladders in there and a few people with clipboards. This must mean something....

Now if we could just get that theater moving...

i saw that too a few weeks back...the huge sign w/the architectural firm or whatever that is designing the place is up

according to the corona employees out on sandlake it is still on schedule... make sure you go one of their 2 current locales and sign the petition for the no tax on cigars :P

lol!

surprisingly, though, Urban Flats has been really busy every time I stop by there, which is a testament to PTP's retail potential... maybe it will spped other projects up in lieu of the theatre.

BTW, Cityarts does 3rd Thursdays every month right across Pine. we should all make it a point to go there and see what's up. last month, they body painted a girl...but the sky's the limit on who they'll body paint next...

[This is the same note for all of my picture posts today] I'm in town for a few days and today I went for a ride around downtown to see what's new. I took a few pictures as I drove around and the weather turned pretty crappy, so I'm not too proud of these shots...but at least you'll get an idea of what's happening.

img4966kf9.jpg

I almost didn't click on that link but I'm glad I did. Besides talking about The Plaza's delayed movie theater hoping to open by Thanksgiving or Christmas at the latest, the article quotes Cameron Kuhn talking about the 400-room hotel that will be going in behind Church Street Station, and he said it looks like it's going to be a Hilton.

Kuhn has signed a major theater operator. The contract gives the theater operator the right to announce it. Should be coming soon

Channel 13 news said last night that an announcement regarding the theatre operator would come this morning. Does anyone have an update?

I have never in my life seen a building take so long to get built out and have all its space filled, this thing has been done for months. The Vue is going to be the same way, its kinda scary. Orlando seems like it cant grow anymore.

it's not b/c of market saturation or anything like that... it's b/c the retailers were waiting on the theatre... now, I think Urban Flats has proven that they don't need the cinema just yet to make $$$.