The Plaza

Tim3167

That is nice. Room for your arms, drink, nachos, popcorn. I hope that is leather and not pleather.

I expected some Enzian-ish seating where you could eat around a table. I hope they hand out bibs as people chow down on burgers.

Just saw a news clip on this morning news showing the inside of one of the movie theaters. It looked really nice. Leather seats, wood trim, curtains and upholstery and very earthy tones. It looked more like a throwback olden playhouse than the megaplexes we're used to seeing now. Although I must say the theater they did show looked very small, however it was stadium seating. I can't wait.......I'm not really a moviegoer but I wil start making exceptions now.

Edited by OCF

Wow in all my excitement I did not even see that someone has already posted pictures of the interior. It's Friday, I'm not exactly in double or crosschecking mode today.

In other news, Man has just landed on the moon and the we have just elected the first Black Prez.

http://www.buylocalorlando.net

supposedly the buy local card will get you 50% off the $6 matinee price or the $9 evening ticket price!

Not on the subject, but per the link I see Coming Soon: Pesca Lakeside. Is it going in old Lee's Lakeside??? Anyone have any info, the website shows no detail.

Edited by FLheat

Not on the subject, but per the link I see Coming Soon: Pesca Lakeside. Is it going in old Lee's Lakeside??? Anyone have any info, the website shows no detail.

From a Sentinel tweet, I think: ' "Tato, the owner of the Spice Modern Steakhouses, plans to open Pesca Lakeside in the old Lee's Lakeside on Lake Eola on May 28. As the name implies, it will be a seafood restaurant

I live in the Post Parkside tower. They are looking to have Pesca open at the end of May - but I'd be surprised if they meet that deadline. Can't see what's going on inside (They still have "Now Leasing" signs over the windows). The entrance/lobby is bare so without walking all the way in I can't give any insight to how far the overall construction is going.

They do have deliveries almost daily though (Sysco and other bulk restaurant providers)

I live in the Post Parkside tower. They are looking to have Pesca open at the end of May - but I'd be surprised if they meet that deadline. Can't see what's going on inside (They still have "Now Leasing" signs over the windows). The entrance/lobby is bare so without walking all the way in I can't give any insight to how far the overall construction is going.

They do have deliveries almost daily though (Sysco and other bulk restaurant providers)

wait, Post Parkside became a tower? when did they add the extra floors? Ive been out of town for a few months so I guess I missed the addition :shok: a bit of humor, don't be jumping all over me now.

I'm digging the retro look of the sign. And also that it's not one of those "AMC UA Regal Cineplex Odeon 24" corporate deals you see everywhere these days.

It is so much nicer. Home Theater type seats, wine bar, kitchen, wine bar, art galleries, wine bar, subtle and nice decor, wine bar, patio, wine bar, cheaper admission, (adult $9.00) wine bar etc etc

Hmmm. 4 hours later and the sign has moved up 10-feet.

post-963-1242252379_thumb.jpg

I wonder -- are they putting a video screen above this sign to show movie times?

Also, I think the large oak trees should be removed -- this should remain an open plaza, unobstructed. It gets plenty of shadow as is.

Edited by prahaboheme