The Plaza

Tim3167

^ My thoughts exactly. According to news in the Jax forum, he's embedded in some BIG projects up there. Maybe that's what the article will be about; but hopefully, he has another BIG Orlando project. Also, in the Jax TimesUnion, Kuhn was quoted as saying "Jacksonville is everything Orlando wants to be..." hmm...indeed.

Edited by depechecureguyorl

I don't know, all in all the Jax skyline or the overall urban enviornment is not that impressive (IMO). I can tell you that it is ten times harder to find anyone to do construction work in Orlando than Jax and Tampa. This usually is a pretty good indicator of the amount of construction within a city. Other than it's proximity to water it doesn't seem that great. Im not saying its not a nice place but....

*Sorry if I offended anyone*

Edited by orlandonative

^ My thoughts exactly. According to news in the Jax forum, he's embedded in some BIG projects up there. Maybe that's what the article will be about; but hopefully, he has another BIG Orlando project. Also, in the Jax TimesUnion, Kuhn was quoted as saying "Jacksonville is everything Orlando wants to be..." hmm...indeed.

Almost sounds like sourgrapes on Kuhn's part.

Jax is alright. A nice skyline for its size but the street level is not as good as Orlando (not that Orlando is way better, at least not during the day). Jax gives you a feeling of old corporate city. They have Jax landing which is what we need. Hopefully it will get better in the urbanity department. Kuhn is bringing Orlando kind of urbanity to Jax. They have many great projects but most of them do not interact well with the street, mainly because of the water front factor. Developer rather built high price condo along the river than building commercial there. While Orlando doesnt have the river front which force the developer to go to other factor. Besides, downtown Orlando is very compact with small road compared to other cities in Florida.

We need an entertainment focul point downtown. St Pete has the pier and a shopping place downtown, Tampa has nearby Channelside shop, Miami has Bayside and Jax has Jax Landing. Orlando has.... nothing...

Hopefully Plaza will do it.

The funny thing about this project is how much and I love and hate it at the same time. This was such an important project to kick start downtown and it really has progressed quickly, yet in my opinion it is just so darn ugly.

It reminds me of my first car. I loved it because of the change it brought to my life but then again it was a Ford Fairmont!

Edited by Tim3167

the sentence end with the reason about why he said that. He said Jax has PAC, stadium, arena and NFL which Orlando wants badly.

And that's pretty much everything they have that's worth mentioning. And while were worried about building a new arena to keep our NBA team happy, they have a new arena with nobody playing in it.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a question.....i have a unit on the 15th floor.....does nyone know....will my view just be totally blocked by the office building in front?

Sorry investor, I just got around to reading this. Yes, unfortunately your view on the 15th floor will be of a whole lot of building. Really everything up until, I think 18 or 19 will be mostly building.

So I got back to Orlando today and noticed the Plaza making a huge impact on the skyline from I-4! Down at streetlevel along Orange, I actually think it will look quite dramatic with all the glass, I noticed they were installing some of the corner glass today and it looks good because its not all mirrored. The sides and Magnolia facade are less impressive but overall this thing is going to be a huge improvement.