The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was downtown today.  The Vue's first floor steel girders are being put up by workers!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a concrete building. The steel being driven into the ground is sheet steel to form a perimeter for excavation. It is nice to see progress though.

vue017pu.jpg

Even though i can't wait until the Solaire gets topped out, i am looking forward to the first 400' plus skyscraper to top out which should be the Vue unless they're unexpected delays. Solaire will be nice at 335' but until we truly have a building that scrapes the sky like the Vue, 55 West, Ivanhoe i will be waiting inpatiently!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone notice that the base for the first tower crane has been set up for about three days now?  My guess is that we would probably see it built within the next two weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Checked out the site today and didn't see any signs of a base for a tower crane. Maybe I missed it...

Yeah, I drove by the site last night a couple of times and didn't spot a crane either-- just a tall piece of construction equipment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the gym across the street about an hour ago and there is no crane. Just a really, really big hole :)

Can't wait for this thing to start going up. It's going to really "perk up" that area of town.

This is about three weeks late, but I figured I'd post it anyway so we could follow its progress. Taken from The VUE's web site:

vueconstruction0gf.jpg

"June 15, 2005

The rubble is gone and about half of the mass excavation of The VUE at Lake Eola site is complete. The building perimeter sheathing is in place, which will allow for the piles foundation work to start very soon."

I was at the gym across the street about an hour ago and there is no crane.  Just a really, really big hole  :)

Can't wait for this thing to start going up.  It's going to really "perk up" that area of town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My appologies to everyone. I know that I am not losing my mind :wacko: but I can swear that they did have a piece of the crane footing on property for about three days. They had it standing vertical and it was located at the construction entrance that is set up off of Robinson. I just drove by and it was no longer there. Sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Update 7/23/2005

Not much new to see. There is a new contraption at the corner of Robinson & Rosalind that kind of looks like a crane base but I don't think that's what it is. It is mechanical and made a hell of a bang with smoke coming out the top while I was walking by.

1002577a1oc.jpg

1002578a7we.jpg

1002581a7ck.jpg

1002587a3fl.jpg

1002588a2sc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived