The VUE

Tim3167

UPSDAN, nice update. So I gotta ask, was that elevator off in the parking garage like it is every time I take the pics. Makes it a heck of a climb, no?

Looks like they dismantled the big red crane they used to put the tower cranes together with.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be one narrow building from the side.

If you put things in prospective it isn't that narrow. It's side takes up a block and compared to other downtown buildings it is just as wide.

Ok, I take that back. I just looked at the rendering and forgot that half the project area is for a separate parking garage. That building is real thin.

This is going to be one narrow building from the side.

That is the one thing that causes me to be less enthused about the Vue than most on the board. If downtown were considerably more dense than it is, it wouldn't bother me so much. But it isn't, so this skinny building just will stick out in my mind. To me, it really detracts from what is otherwise a great project.

What building are you guys looking at? This thing is not very narrow. The building will be as wide from Rosalind to where the blue crane is.. They still have a significant amount more of columns to put for the first floor. This thing will as wide as the courthouse is. Do you want a perfectly square building?

I think I actually prefer this scenario with the parking garage rather than the tower on top of garage solution that we seem to be seeing a lot of lately in Orlando.

It gives the tower a more vertical feel imo and solves the need for an ammenities deck without a fat bottom to the tower.

I suppose underground would be best but.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived