The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the VUE Sales Center is being totally remodelled? What's up with that? Are they having trouble selling the last units?

It is closed until the 21st. I would no be surprised, the last units are always tough to sell. Look at the Sanctuary. I guess the market shrinks for luxury units that are $500 to $600 a square foot.

Yeah, there's a reference in the article to the tower being 407' tall. We seem to have issues in this town nailing down accurate heights!

Or possibly yet another incidence of Shrinking Orlando Syndrome.

55W caught it.

Dynetech caught it.

Did VUE catch it ?

is it confirmed that Vue is 426' tall? B/C, it looks to be at the 16th or 17th level, and is about a floor higher than the Eola Center bldg. next door. I think that bldg is like 200' tall (not listed on UPSDAN's site), which means Vue is 1/2 done. It doesn't look that tall from I-4. Might that be b/c of the change of elevation from Rosalind to I-4/Garland?

is it confirmed that Vue is 426' tall? B/C, it looks to be at the 16th or 17th level, and is about a floor higher than the Eola Center bldg. next door. I think that bldg is like 200' tall (not listed on UPSDAN's site), which means Vue is 1/2 done. It doesn't look that tall from I-4. Might that be b/c of the change of elevation from Rosalind to I-4/Garland?

That math isn't far off because if it's halfway done then you're looking at 400' +26 extra feet.

And when you really think about it, most of downtown doesn't look that tall from I-4. IMO. Sometimes I forget just how short 400' buildings really are. When I visit Jacksonville I get a better idea of what tall buildings look like. :(

That math isn't far off because if it's halfway done then you're looking at 400' +26 extra feet.

And when you really think about it, most of downtown doesn't look that tall from I-4. IMO. Sometimes I forget just how short 400' buildings really are. When I visit Jacksonville I get a better idea of what tall buildings look like. :(

Jax? Sorry but that city does not seem to have tall buildings either... I prefer Orlando's skyline to Jax's... Jax's skyline seems so spread out.. no density... and the bellsouth building seems stale

Jax? Sorry but that city does not seem to have tall buildings either... I prefer Orlando's skylione to Jax... it seems so emtpy up their

Beg to differ. Jacksonville's got some height on Orlando. But certainly not the density. I agree with you about the skyline - Orlando's is by far better, precisely because of the density. But Jacksonville definately has 2 taller buildings, one of them over 600 feet. I'm just talking about height here, strictly. A 600' tall building looks much taller than a 400' building from, say, the freeway. Not that I care much about the drive-by skyline.

I just get used to thinking 400' buildings are tall and then I go up there and see the BOA building and I'm like "Oh. Yeah. I forgot they can get taller."

Also, the most important reason Orlando's downtown is generally better than Jacksonville's, is that there's just more going on in downtown Orlando, as a whole.

Beg to differ. Jacksonville's got some height on Orlando. But certainly not the density. I agree with you about the skyline - Orlando's is by far better, precisely because of the density. But Jacksonville definately has 2 taller buildings, one of them over 600 feet. I'm just talking about height here, strictly. A 600' tall building looks much taller than a 400' building from, say, the freeway. Not that I care much about the drive-by skyline.

I just get used to thinking 400' buildings are tall and then I go up there and see the BOA building and I'm like "Oh. Yeah. I forgot they can get taller."

Also, the most important reason Orlando's downtown is generally better than Jacksonville's, is that there's just more going on in downtown Orlando, as a whole.

One problem Jacksonville has, is that 95 is far away from the Jacksonville skyline; this probably robs the Jacksonville skyline of some of it's power. When I drive through Jacksonville on 95 (the only time I see this city) I feel so far removed from downtown. Orlando's skyline is unimpressive from a distance IMO, but I think the proximity of the East West expressway and I-4 to downtown Orlando really helps with the overall impression of the Orlando skyline.

Jacksonville needs density badly. IMO

Jax's skyline seems to be at a similar distance from the highway as is Tampa's. its a similar effect.

In fact, ORL is the only major FLA city with downtown on both sides of the expressway; not Mia., Ft.L, Tampa, Jax, etc... it could turn out to be a major asset in the long run if the west side of I-4 gets developed even more.

Jax's skyline seems to be at a similar distance from the highway as is Tampa's. its a similar effect.

In fact, ORL is the only major FLA city with downtown on both sides of the expressway; not Mia., Ft.L, Tampa, Jax, etc... it could turn out to be a major asset in the long run if the west side of I-4 gets developed even more.

Yeah I think you're right. That's on reason why City Place would be so great if it gets built. You're driving through downtown, not just past it.

But when you actually go to visit downtown Jacksonville, like the Landing, and you cross the blue bridge (I forget the name of the bridge, but it's a drawbridge of sorts) then the effect of downtown Jacksonville is very impressive. It's a nice touch.

Sorry!! Didn't mean to take the discussion so far off topic! :wacko:

Yeah I think you're right. That's on reason why City Place would be so great if it gets built. You're driving through downtown, not just past it.

But when you actually go to visit downtown Jacksonville, like the Landing, and you cross the blue bridge (I forget the name of the bridge, but it's a drawbridge of sorts) then the effect of downtown Jacksonville is very impressive. It's a nice touch.

Sorry!! Didn't mean to take the discussion so far off topic! :wacko:

it's relevant, b/c Vue's impact on the skyline has to do with the perspective of the observer... bada boom, bada bing.

The Vue being double the height of anything in the direct vicinity will make an impact, regardless of height. The biggest impact on the I-4 skyline is clearly going to be 55W, and if they ever get off the ground, Orlando City Center and City Place (**fingers crossed**).

Awesome job!

Would it be possible for you to post a still of the construction with the rendering layered over it? I'm starting to get a headache from watching the graphic loop so I can catch the still I want to see for 1 second. But again, great stuff.

Archived